PR for immigrant over 45 years to Australia
  • I am a British Citizen and would like to migrate to Australia. I wish to know whether I would be eligibe for PR as I am over 45 years old. I am a General Nurse have job offer from an Employer of Canberra. Could anyone know about PR for people who migrate to Australia above the age of 45. emil: mkp362004@yahoo.co.uk
  • Your employer will organise your work visa and you can apply for your PR once you arrive, however, this can be difficult. You should go to the Australian government website at: www.immi.gov.au
  • What is PR?
  • A PR is = Permanent Resident.
  • is it really eligible to apply even you'r already over 45?
  • You can apply even over the 45 years of age, however, there are certain strict criteria to meet. You should check on the Australian government website: www.immi.gov.au for exact and confirmed information
  • On this topic, I am hoping to get a working holiday Visa and travel to Cairns to find some part time bar/hospitality work. Does anyone know how easy it is to this type of work in Cairns?
  • 45 seems a bit low . There's a lot of quality people at/ around that age. I for one am a very young/fit 45 so this seems a bit like poinless ageism.
  • I KINDA AGREE ABOUT THE AGE LIMIT STUFF. HOW ARE THEY TO CONCLUDE A PERSON NOT EFFICIENT AFTER THE AGE OF 45. YOU KNOW THEY ARE REALLY GOIN TO MISS A HOLE LOTA A FINE SKILLS.
  • Hi all, take a look at our sister site Expat Arrivals which has a great guide for anyone who wants to Move to Australia - including info on who is eligible.
  • 96smarty - it's not about efficiency - it's more about what skills are needed at any particular time in Australia. Whilst the land mass is very large the population is very small, it has a strong economy which is protected by controlled immigration. Whether we like it or not, Australia is protecting it's citizens and it's ability to ensure that older aged citizens are able to maintain a good lifestyle by controlling older immigrants who don't necessarily bring their own pensions along with them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion