Visas for Japan and China?
  • Do you know if you can get visas to China from Hong Kong? Or from
    Japan? Also do you know how easy it is to get a visa for Russia from Japan?
  • Hi Theresa,

The key to answering your question is to know: which nationality is
    applying for the visa?

Please advise and I will revert with an answer.

Regards

Guru
  • Hi

Sorry about that. New Zealand passports.

Thanks
    THeresa
  • Hi Theresa,

I my personal experience it is always preferable to get visas from embassies one's home country. That said, provided you come from a 'first-world' country, it is nearly always possible to get visas for onward travel in a foreign country provided you have some time on your hands.

In other words, yes, you can get visas for China while in Hong Kong and Japan, but it may take up to 7 working days.

For the Russian visa, apply in person at the Russian embassy in Tokyo. The following documents should be submitted
    1. Your original passport with at least 2 blank visa-designated pages (passport must be valid for at least 6 months after intended departure date from Russia).
    2. Two copies of Russian visa application form, completed and signed.
    3. Two passport-size photos signed on the back.
    4. If Tour Group or Cruise Passenger: Letter from tour company or cruise line confirming itinerary and including a copy of the confirmation from authorized Russian travel company which shows the reference number and confirmation number for the visa.
    5. If Individual Travel: Confirmation of hotel arrangements from authorized Russian travel company, or directly from the Russian hotel, showing reference number and confirmation number for the visa.

Please let me know if this information was helpful.

Regards

Guru
  • i want to travel to hong kong for sight seeing but i also want to travel to china how do i get visa from hong kong to visit china
  • Hi,

I am a Jamaican and wanted to know the entry requirements to Japan for vacation purposes.

Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged