Lake Kariba for New Years
  • anyone been to a kariba new year lately? i wonder if they're still so good - was last there in 2001. would love to spend a week on a houseboat!
  • Hello Jade

We have been in Kariba Zambia a month ago and Kariba is a wonderfull place we would be happy to point you in the right direction.
  • With all the chaos and currency problems is Zimbabwe (a) cheap or expensive, and (b) a safe place to visit?
    I also spent a new years at kariba in late 1990s and had a sensational time. what a great place!
  • Hello David

I think Vic Falls on the Zimbabwe side is worth the visit,people are very friendly and there are lodges and hotels that caters for every budget. They deal in U$ or South African Rand.All prices are based on U$. We saw Tourism Police walking around, yes it is safe and the people welcome tourist in there area.
  • Foxtrot, thanks for the reply, can you estimate what I would spend if I was staying in a 3 star hotel OR guesthouse for 5 days? Also, it is possible to stay in locals houses like a B n B? I want to benefit the local people as much as posible with my tourist spend.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged