Expired SA Passport, but valid UK Passport with Permanent Residence Stamp
  • Hi,
    I'm a UK citizen by birth, but spent most of my life in SA, and became a naturalised citizen at 16 (ie got the ID book, etc)
    Moved to the UK 7 years ago, and now intend moving back to South Africa with my wife and 9 year old daughter (both are South African born, and both have UK & SA citizenship). We all departed SA on our SA Passports.
    However, my daugther and I have SA Passports that have expired, and I
    was wondering if we can arrive in SA with our UK Passports, and then have our SA Passports renewed in SA? I have a Permanet Residence Stamp in a previous UK Passport (as well as the Certificate), would that make a difference for me?
    I suspect their would be a problem with that?
    Appreciate any comments
    Thanks
    Gazza

• Hi there, I am a south african citizen and my sister lived in the UK (Colchester) for 13 years. Her SA passport had expired as well as her drivers license. She moved back to SA two years ago with no issues coming into the country on her UK passport. She then also got her SA passport renewed back here in SA without issues at Home Affairs Department offices. The only thing she had a issue with was her drivers license, sa insisted that she pay a massive fine for her expired drivers license but after proving that she had been living in the UK for 13years 9(by affidavit written out at the local police station) she got her a new SA drivers license. Dont know if this helps but hope so.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion