Moving to Morocco - Young Divorced woman with son.
  • Hello. 
    I am planning on a move to Marocco, since I love the country, and have been offered a good job as an english teacher, and have some very good friends over there in Marocco .. but I was wondering, since it's an Islamic country, is there any Stigma to being a Young Divorced woman with a small child?
    I am 20 year's old, and Divorced, my ex is in prison for selling drugs and I don't want him to have anything to do with my daughter. Is this looked badly on in Marocco? Will i - or more importantly - will my son, face problems or disrespect because of this? I have taken the decision NOT to remarry, or date until my son is of age, so I will continue to wear my gold wedding band, and to respect local culture, I will wear the hijab and dress appropriatly... So I'm hoping it won't be too much of a problem.
    What do you think? Any advice? Is being Divorced with a small child looked upon badly in Marocco? 
    Thanks.
    C.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tagged