Schengen Area Visa and stamp explanation?
  • Hello All,

First of all, I'm a U.S. citizen and I was living in Belgium for a year with my boyfriend (Belgian) as my sponsor.  We had a big falling out and I surrendered my resident i.d. card before I left (for multiple reasons I won't go into now).  

We are still planning on having me visiting Belgium and the rest of the Schengen Area maybe some time later this year.

I am aware of the 90 days within 180 rule for the area.  Though, I am thinking that the number that lies after the date on my passport stamp states how many days I have left in the area?  

I initially visited for just short of 90 days and came back after 3 months.  When I entered in April 2012 it said 84.  As I was leaving April this year, I was given a stamp with a 75 after the date.  Does that mean I have 75 days left next time I come into the area?  How could I tell when my 180 days reset in this case?

I just want to make sure that we can plan another trip without getting into immigration trouble.  

Thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!