Bombay Accommodation: any ideas?
  • Hi you all

I'm heading to Bombay in a few weeks, does anyone have any tips of cheap accommodation?

Pop
  • Forget cheap, and think good value and lots of character. Go to the Gordon House Hotel, its a charming little hotel that's big on style. Unlike the sameness of everyday hotels, the three themed floors allow you the freedom to relax and leave the world behind the front door. I stayed there for 4 nights a few years ago and it was really amazing.
  • HI, NEAR SANTACRUZ EAST RAILWAY STATION ,NEAR AIR PORT THERE ARE GOOD AND CHAEAP HOTELS(ATHITI , SAHAR , AIR VIEW) FROM 50 TO 35 DOLLERS.
    UPON ARRIVAL THERE IS INFO. DESK , THEY CAN GIVE U MANY OPTIONS. FAIRLY EASY AND RELIABLE WITH GENERAL PRECAUTIONS.
    Sunil .India.
  • nothing is cheap in Bombay but you can get a nice place to stay in 49 USD. Atleast you can sleep well.

Bon Voyage India
    New Delhi
    India
  • I don't know about cheap - but I would recommend staying in the Colaba district - you can walk from the seafront hotels to the Gateway of India and to various shops and eateries and it's nice to be able to explore on foot without too much hassle.
  • I agree with admou, staying in colaba is the best you could visit all the culturally relevant places around. n best part is they are all at a walking distance from gateway..
    so ya even I think thats a very good option.
    n if you are there make sure visit the Afghan Church, its the oldest church in Mumbai built in 1838
    check this article out for more info
    http://www.wherecity.com/articles/afghan-church-mumbais-oldest-church-2.html
    Its a must see in mumbai
  • David F's recommendation of Gordon House is good too, but there is a night-club there so it can be too noisy in some of the rooms. However, peace and quiet is hard to find in the bigger cities sometimes wherever you stay ;-)
  • Better you should stay in Taj Hotel. It is one of the finest.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged