Best places to visit during November
  • Hello,
    I am planning my honeymoon in the first week of November. I would like to know which all places I can visit in Spain and Portugal during that time? Apart from beaches, are there any other good places to visit - hillsides?
  • Hi sorabhbaxi,
    I would definitely recommend the coast of Estoril and Sintra. There are a variety of hotels there. Sintra is beautiful with a ladscape classified as 'World Heritage Site', and is on a hill... You can surf the waves on the beaches nearby or practice golf instead.
    Good luck!
  • I am looking to go away with my partner and my 2 year old daughter in november. I was thinking canaries. Which one would be best for kids etc?
  • Tenerife for sure, busiest of the Canary Islands in November.
  • I was there this time last year.. my favorite was Madrid.. the energy of the city is amazing.. and for Portugal.. I LOVED the Algarve. Travel up and down.. the beaches are breathtaking.. you won't be disappointed!!!
  • BARCELONA!!! There are plany of things to do there!!! The city is situated between sea and mountains, can you imagine that?? And what is more every weekend there are new events and fiestas. I can not imagine that somebody could be bored in this particullar city. I suppose if it is a honeymoon you would like to be a bit more romanting: there are a lots of really nice restaurants and real spanisch tapas-bars, and after eating you can make a walk along seashore.
    It is only my recommendation, but I believe that you cannot leave Spain without visiting Barcelona for a couple of days!
  • Hi we have anapartment at alto club in alvor on the algarve so we travel to portugal regularly in November - to be honest the weather can be a bit mixed but still far more pleasant than most areas of europe at this time of year. Monchique is very close to Alvor only 20 minutes by car- its the hilly area of the Algarve there are spectacular views, plenty of great resteraunts serving local produce and some good hotels. Lagos and Portimao are the larger towns nearby with plenty of shopping and things to do. If the weather is good it's warm enough to lie in the sun and relax.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion