Help with UK Citizenship or Procedures
  • Hello,
    I have a SA passport with an Indefinite Leave to Remain visa for the UK (which I received in 2008). My daughter was born in London in 2003 and has an EU passport. Although I left in 2009 and returned this year in February (due to being made redundant back then and found work outside of the country), I would still like to apply for my British citizenship.

    My partner and I want to relocate to Spain. He is a first generation citizen, with a British passport and has residency for Spain.he has gone to Spain to set up home however As my passport expires on the 3 December 2013, I am unable to apply for a Schengen visa to travel to see him or for any other countries in the EU.

    Can you advise me as to what I can do? Would I still be able to apply for my British citizenship/passport now so that I can be with him? My daughter lives with her father in London now and I naturally don't want to be restricted either way...

    Can anyone help us find the best route please?

  • I could not make out if you are in the UK. If you are in the UK the you need a form AN which you can down load from here  here are the fees and the payment slip.Citizenship costs £874 for an adult

    Here are the guidance notes to help you fill in the form

    As you have lived out side the UK please read the residence requirements.:-

    To satisfy the residence requirement you should not have been absent for more than 90
    days in the last 12 months. And the total number of days absence for the whole 5 year
    period should not exceed 450. If you are married to or in a civil partnership with a British
    citizen the total number of days absence for the whole 3 year period should not exceed

    Hope that helps you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion