Thailand or Malaysia in September - Good idea for a photographer?
  • Hello,
    I am a professional wedding photographer based in Kolkata, India. I'm professionally free this month and thinking of visiting either Thailand or Malaysia this month for 10 days? Is September a good month to visit one of the two countries? The return airfare from Kolkata to Bangkok is available at 100 USD via AirAsia.

I'm more inclined towards Thailand and I have a few questions.

1. How feasible it is to be in Thailand in September? I want to visit the beaches down south, Bangkok and Chaing Mai.
    2. I am looking to do mainly street photography and landscape photography. I have been reading reviews and I think for me an itinerary makes sense.

Day 1 - Bangkok.
    Day 2 to day 5 - Beaches down south and Phuket?
    Day 6 - Take a flight to Bangkok and to Chaing Mai
    Day 7 and Day 8 - Around Chaing Mai.
    Day 9 and Day 10 - Bangkok.

Please feel free to recommend if you think any change would be better.

• September is not a good month to visit Thailand, as it's the rainiest month of the year! Weather-wise, the best time to visit Thailand is between November and April, although you'll probably want to avoid the high season in December.

Check out this Thailand travel guide for some good tips on climate and things to see.
  • Hey Jonak,
    Anya is right about Thailand - September is not ideal. But Malaysia should be a better bet: there may be some thunderstorms but these are not too disruptive to travel. It also depends where you want to go in Malaysia as the climate changes quite dramatically from region to region. Any idea where you'd be heading?
  • Thanks for your suggestion Ella and Anya,
    So I think it's better not to go to Thailand in this month? Do the southern part of Thailand receive high amount of rain as well? Let me google a little about weather in Malaysia and decide where to head in Malaysia? Any recommendation for places to visit? Thanks in advance.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion