What to see and do in Johannesburg?
  • I love South Africa but I've never been to Johannesburg and I'm flying there for business so I would appreciate some advice about whether it is worth spending a few days in the city and what to see and do while I'm there. I would be keen to take a few excursions out of the city if it is worthwhile? Thanks!
  • Hi Laurence,
    I'm not sure what sort of thing you're interested in, but Joburg has lots to offer! The Apartheid Museum is a must and if you're interested in historical attractions Constitution Hill is also worthwhile. The Newtown Cultural Precinct in the city centre is an exciting area for cultural attractions and has a booming nightlife, and a tour of Soweto with its many museums and landmarks is interesting. A short way out of the city is the incredible Maropeng Visitor Centre and Cradle of Humankind, a world-class museum for those interested in the origins of our species. Check out this Johannesburg Travel Guide for some ideas. Enjoy!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion