visa for paris while in the uk.
  • Hi my friend is in the uk and wants to go to paris for a day but doesn't have a visa can she apply for one in London?
  • To apply for a Schengen Visa to enter France your friend must apply here http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/How-and-where-to-apply-for-a-visa
  • Even if she has a 6 months uk visa just to visit?
  • A six month visa for the UK DOES NOT allow a a foreign national to enter another Europe country. The UK is not part of the Schengen visa group therefore to enter another country your friend must apply for a visa for the country she wishes to visit. 
  • Thank you. So she will be able to apply for the visa while in London she doesn't have to come back to south africa first. I guess she will have to do the application in person.
  • If you read the link I provided to the French visa section it clearly states:

You must be resident in the UK - i.e people must apply in their usual country of residence therefore holders of ’C-Visit’ visas or of a British visa valid for 6 months or less cannot apply from the French Consulate in the UK; 
  • hi all, Can i apply for visa to visit France while i have discretionary leave to remain in the UK ? please
    I am Iraq originally
  • Yes you can apply for a Schengen visa, you have discretionary leave to remain and are therefore considered to be resident in the UK. You can travel on a discretionary leave to remain visa

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion