Schengen Visa and Switzerland
  • Hi expert,

I am Indonesian. Curently I am visiting Netherlands, and have Schengen Visa in my passport.

With those Schengen Visa, can I visit Switzerland (for tour purpose)?
    From the internet, the Switzerland is not in the list of Schengen Countries.
    However, it is mentioned that AXA Schengen covers Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
    What does it mean?

please advise
  • Switzerland is a fairly recent member of the Schengen accord. Their airports are now equipped for dual Schengen and non-Schengen travel. Presumably, your Schengen visa is also valid.
  • Am new here and i don't know how to get a schengen visa ...am from the western part of Africa..(Nigeria)
  • Switzerland is a special case. Switzerland adopted some agreement in December 2008 and is now in transition period. It is not a true Schengen zone state, but is applying the rules.

For more info visa info for Switzerland see the Word Travels Switzerland Visa information page.
  • Hi , I carry an Indian passport and am planning for a trip to switzerland , austrial and Italy. Switzerland is my port of entry although i am staying in Italy for most part of the time. I have applied to Switzerland embassy for Schengen visa. Is it OK or do I have to apply to Italy instead. What is the provision if i change plans once i land in Europe? will i be able to still pass through schengen countries freely?

thanks
    Ricky
  • Hello expert,

I am from Azerbaijan. I plan a businees trip for two weeks to Germany, Brussels and Netherlands, and have Schengen Visa D in my passport. With this Visa, can I visit Switzerland (for a day or two)?

please advise and thanks
  • I am an Australian citizen and will be working in Zurich. I need to work on my first visit for 4 days and then I will return 2 weeks later for a week long engagement. Do I need any visa or paperwork?
  • I am from Argentina and I am going to work in Switzerland for a week - do I need a visa or work permit?

I have a valid US visa in my passport will this make things easier
  • hi ,
    I wanted to know if I need a Proof of accomodation from the Swiss authorities where my aunty leaves, to provide at the immigration desk at the airport.
    thanks
  • Hi,

I under UK work permit and currently residing at Uk. Do I need Visa to enter into Switzerland?
    Please suggest!
  • I want to Travel Europe as Tourist thru SOTC Travel Agent in Group. I have USA Green Card. Present I am in Mississippi, USA doing Job. We will stay 4 days in Switzerland, 3 days in France and 1 day each other Schendgen countries.From London our first entry to
    Caalais. Q.- Can I apply Consulate of Switzerland at Atlanta with app.Form, PP etc. by Post / Mail? Can I buy Ticket after Visa?
  • Business VISA

What is the meaning of gainful employment?

I am an Indian citizen, working on an H-1B visa in USA. My company wants me to go to Swizerland for 4 weeks and train with fellow employees based in Zurich.

Do I need a work permit or I can go on a Schengen Business Visa?

Thanks in advance.

Vivek
  • Hai i am from Bangladesh. Recently i visited Singapore,Thailand,Malaysia,Indonesia,India,Nepal,Bhutan. How can I get a schengen visa. Thanks.
  • I am an indian citizen working in US.I got a job in Italy.Now do I have to go to India for visa stamping or Can i get stamp it here?
  • Hi. I'm from Azerbaijan, I have got Shengen visa from Italian Embassy, but going to stay in Switzerland. I will land in Milano and from there to Lugano, switzerland. May there be any problem in the Swirzerland border for me?
  • hi im living in greece i have a schangen visa in my pass port can i visit Swirzerland ?...
  • I am from Bangladesh. I am applying to the Netherlands Embassy in Dhaka for a Schengen visa. Apart from Netherlands, I plan to visit France and Switzerland.

Shall I be allowed entry into Switzerland (from France) with my Schengen visa?
  • I am from Argentina and I am going to work in Switzerland for a winter season from december to april - do I need a visa or work permit?
  • FOR ALL THAT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT SWITZERL. AND VISA GO IN THIS PLACE :
    http://www.bfm.admin.ch/bfm/it/home/themen/schengen_dublin/schengen.html
    in 2 words Switz is inside Schengen Union also Iceland and Norway, not really, but participated on many law and also release the Visa Schengen, but u found all in the place that i indicate above.
    I'm Italian and i live 15 km from Switz, so every wk im
    gpweisz@libero.it
  • Hi i get my schengen visa from international lawyer he will be in office and process with your name after two weeks you will go to your country any schengen embassy for the visa am in usa but this the email of him lawyer@presidency.com he is international immigration lawyer
  • Hi i get my schengen visa from international lawyer he will be in office and process with your name after two weeks you will go to your country any schengen embassy for the visa am in usa but this the email of him lawyer@presidency.com he is international immigration lawyer
  • hi ,if I get swiss visa ,can I go to Germany or other schengen countries?
  • Hi I am from south africa and want to visit switzerland for 2 weeks, maybe 3 weeks. Do i need a visa just to visit?
  • hi i am a Nepali citizen and i have a schengen visa. am i allowed to go to Switzerland and Norway with the same visa.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged