Bring my wife to UK
  • I am a UK citizen and I leave in London, but I want to bring my wife to come and leave with me in UK from Nigeria, what step do I need to take or how can I go about it.

  • You need to be earning before tax an salary of £18,600 pr annum, and to have been in the same employment for six months before you apply.
    • Letter from your employer confirming your employment, the date you joined, your job title, national insurance number , the number of hours you work per week and your annual salary. This letter should be set out on the companies letter head.
    • Six months bank statements (you cannot be overdrawn) and six months of any savings account you may have.
    • Six months pay slips and your P60 if you have one
    • Proof of accommodation, tenancy agreement or mortgage statement
    • Council tax  and utility bills in your name ( this demonstrates you live at the address)
    • Marriage certificate
    • Photographs of your wedding,
    • A certified copy of your passport showing the dates you traveled to Nigeria for your wedding
    • Your wife is required to have an ESOL certificate level A1 the British Council in Nigeria can give advice on test providers 
    A completed VAF4 application form completed on line at

    If you require legal advice please contact me at  

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion