Advice on Form 157A Point 81 (Previous visa Applications)
  • Hello, I applied for Student visa more than 10 years ago which was refused. Now, my wife is applying for Student visa and I am applying as dependent. We are filling form 157A. Point 80 asks about the previous visa application of all applicants included in this application. I have given detail of my previous visa (Name, Type of visa and Application either invalid, withdrawn,refused, awaiting decision or granted: I checked Refused). But point no 81 describes "Have you or any other person included in this application, ever: 
    been in Australia and not complied with visa conditions or departed Australia outside your authorised period of stay?
    had an application for entry to Australia refused, or had a visa for Australia cancelled?​
    I am just confused about second line of this question. Does an application for entry means applying for visa? My application was refused because I failed to meet general temporary entrance requirements. Should I tick yes to Question 81 or No? If yes, then should I give reasons of my visa refusal? Will this affect our application?

• An application for entry is most definitely applying for a visa. You are correct tick yes and give reasons of refusal and yes  it may affect your current application, its down to the Australian immigration officer and current rules.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion