Moving from US to Spain
  • My husband and I are seriously considering moving from Miami to Spain, possibly Madrid. I do not speak Spanish but he does. We are both in marketing (Advertising and public relations) here is Miami. We were thinking that he can teach English over there. Me, not sure. Basically, I am trying to figure out what a salary for an English teacher would be and what the basic cost of living is so that I can determine expenses. For example, one bed apt., groceries, transportation (car/insurance?, utilities etc., I have no idea. Also, are there other professions that we may consider with our backgrounds? Or any basic professions that I may start in without speaking Spanish?

Can anyone help?
  • DEAR MSYAFFA: FIRST OF ALL TRY TO GAT THE BOOK "LIVING ABROAD IN SPAIN" BY NIKKI WEINSTAIN (AVALON TRAVEL EDITORIAL). THAT WILL HELP.- ALSO TRY TO ENTER THE WEB AND ASK ABOUT TIPS ON MOVING OUT OF USA (PACKING BOOKS, FURNITURES, ETC.).- TO FIND LODGING OR A HOUSE OR AAPRTMENT TO BUY OR RENT TRY WWW.FACILISIMO.COM (THERE ARE MORE WEB SITES ABOUT BUYING A HOUSE OR APARTMENT IN SPAIN IN THE WEB), AND ABOUT WHAT TO DO FOR LIVING, YOUR HUSBAND AND YOU CAN TEACH ENGLISH, CAN TRANSLATE BOOKS, ETC., ALSO CONSIDER THE POSSIBILITY OF WORKING IN THE MARKATING AREA. I MYSELF AM PLANNING TO MOVE TO SPAIN IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE AND THIS IS WHAT I AM DOING.- I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.-

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged