travelling to uk on sa passport
  • Hi, I hope someone can help, my dad is british born, and I do have a british passport but it has expired and needded to be renewed, I have sent it in but not sure if it will be ready in time and I am flying to the uk very soon, will I be able to travel on my sa passport and enter on my sa passport, I was told I won't be able to a visa ue to the fact that I have a british passport? What do I do? I read on gov.uk that I can provide sufficent documents to determine my purpose for my stay, I am just going to visit my dad? Any help will be appreciated. -shannon
  • Why not change your flight until you receive your British passport. Why make life complicated by applying for a visit visa.
    If you travel on your South African passport you will need to apply to the British High Commission in South Africa via one of the VFS visa centres.
    I dont know who told you that you cant apply for a visa if your British is incorrect, if you choose to travel on a South African passport it can take up to 15 working days to process a visit visa and there is no guarantee the visa will be granted.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion