Do i need a visa to go visit portugal?
  • Help please.i'm a brazilian citezen living in Ireland for 4 years,i want to go on holidays to portugal in August but im not sure if i need to apply for a visa?can anyone help me?
  • If you are staying for less than 90 days you shouldn't require a visa. It's always best to check with the Portugal consulate or embassy.
  • Hi there,

My husband is albanian and he has a uk visa, does he need a portuguese visa? ( He has an Albanian Passport)
    Thank you
  • Hi Sir/Madam,

I am portguese national,my wife,sons are holding Indian passport leaving
    in UAE, I have marriage registar in lisboa, how do I get them schengan
    long term visa to visit portgual.
    Thank you
    Pedro Fernandes
    proline@emirates.net.ae
  • I was due to fly to Faro in Portugal on the 29th Junune and return on the 4th July. I made a passport renewal application and due to a delay in the post office sending my renewal application into the passport office and due to changes in the passport office policy this week i am not gauranteed to get my new passport in time. However my old passport expires on the 7th July and the information at the passport office hasnt been updated for 4 years and what they tell me is that provided my passport is valid for the period of travel i can use it but i had to get confirmation from the Portugese Consulate/Embassy. I have been trying all day to get through but no joy. Please can anyone advise because if this is true i can request my passport back and use it. Can any one help please thanks
  • As an Angolan citizen do you require a travel visa to visit Portugal?
  • I,m a british national (overseas). Do I need a visa if I want to go on holiday to Portugal for just one week?
  • i am brazilian I live in the USA and I have a green card, I'm going to Portugal for my honeymoon for 3 weeks do I need a visa?
  • British and Brazil - you need no visa.
  • hi
    i am nepalese citizen and i got the student visa of uk,so i want to visit in purtugal for minimum 45 days so how can i get the visa .
    pulung_111@ymail.com
  • I am a Turkish citizen, married to a USA citizen. I have greencard and an resident in USA. Do I need a visa for Portugal? I will be attending a academic conference in Portugal?

Thank you
  • Hello,

I am Japanese but reside in Belgium from 2008.
    I would like to apply for a student visa in Belgium for Master's study.
    And Portuguese Embassy in Belgium requires a certificate of non-criminal record.
    For this certificate, I can obtain from Belgium, but I would like to know if I need to obtain also the one from Japan?

Before I came in Belgium with working visa, I had to submit the certificate of non-criminal record from Japan. Therefore, if Belgium issues this certificate, it will be also proved that I didn't commit any criminal in Japan, neither. From this reason, I suppose the Japanese one would not be necessary...but could you kindly confirm it?

Thank you very much in advance.
    Kaori
  • no u don-t need visa ,u need yur valid bri.passport
  • Hi,im a permanent resident in Canada,and i would like to go Portugal to visit mt friend do i need a visa,,i think ill gonna stay for 2 to 3 weeks,,thanks,,just email me at mavel_velez@yahoo.com.i really need an answer..thanks again.
  • hi, im a filipino, immigrant here in the US and would like to visit Japan. Do i need Visa? thanks!
  • hi i got a british visa six months visa.do i need a visa for portugal? i have a south african passport.thnx
  • Hi,im a permanent resident in ireland but im form bangladesh i live in ireland more then 6years, i like to go for holldays do i need visa
  • am permanet resident of canada do i need a visa to enter france and portugal
  • I live in America and I have a green card but my other papers and my Portuguese passport was destroyed in a house fire. I wanted to go visist my grandfather in Portugal because she is not doing well and asking to see me. My problem is that now I only have my green card and my social security number and my driver licenses in America. Am asking because for me to get my passpor t I have to go throught some process and I don't think I will get to Portugal fast enough to see my grandfather before he dies. I just don't know what to do . Please help
  • CAN ANYONE HELP? I AM BRAZILIAN AND I HAVE BEEN IN THE UK ON A TEIR 4 VISAS TO STUDY ENGLISH. I HAVE PASSED MY COURSE BUT FAILED MY ENGLISH EXAM TO RENEW MY TEIR 4 (I ACHEIEVED 52% AND I NEEDED 57%)
    MY COLLEGE SAID I CAN LEAVE THE COUNTRY FOR 4 DAYS AND APPLY TO COME BACK ON A VISTITORS VISA AND I THEN CAN ENROLL ON ANOTHER COURSE FOR 6 MONTHS IS THIS CORRECT?

I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR ANY ADVISE AS I WOULD LIKE TO STAY AND COMPLETE ANOTHER COURSE FOR 6 MONTHS
  • im algerian married to portuguese spouse,holding algerian passport with five years uk resident:do i need visa for a short visit to portugual.thanks
  • My husband and I live in Hawaii, I am American and he is Brazillian with a student visa and we haven't processed his residency paperwork yet. We would like to travel to Europe for two weeks on a honeymoon in January...does he need a tourist visa?
  • I'm a permanent resident in Canada.do i need a visa to go to Portugal?
  • British and Brazil they need no visa to visit portugal
  • i have a south african passport i live in uk can i go to spain do i need a visa
  • Dev, you'll need a Schengen visa to visit Spain as a South African passport holder. - even if you live in the UK. These are pretty routine to obtain. Just apply at the SA Consulate.You'll need to complete an application form, pay a fee and provide some basic info - like proof of accommodation, proof of return tix and your reason for visiting.
  • Entry requirements for Americans: US nationals do not require a visa for a stay of up to 90 days. A passport is required.

Entry requirements for UK nationals: Passport holders endorsed British Citizen, British National (Overseas), British Overseas Territories Citizen and British Subject, all with the right of abode in the UK, do not require a visa for a stay of up to 90 days. In all other cases a visa is required.

Entry requirements for Canadians: Canadians do not require a visa for a stay of up to 90 days. A passport is required.

Entry requirements for Australians: Australian nationals do not require a visa for a stay of up to 90 days. A passport is required.

Entry requirements for South Africans: South African nationals require a passport and a Schengen visa.

Entry requirements for New Zealanders: New Zealand nationals do not require a visa for a stay of up to 90 days. A passport is required.

Entry requirements for Irish nationals: Irish nationals do not require a visa to visit Portugal. A passport is required.

Passport/Visa Note: All visitors, except EEA member states, must hold tickets and documents for their return or onward journey, and proof of paid accommodation (equivalent in convertible currency accepted). The borderless region known as the Schengen area includes the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden. All these countries issue a standard Schengen visa that has a multiple entry option that allows the holder to travel freely within the borders of all. It is highly recommended that passports have at least six months validity remaining after your intended date of departure from your travel destination. Immigration officials often apply different rules to those stated by travel agents and official sources.
  • I have Italy visa I want to visit Portugal first can I visit or I need Portugal visa..........
  • I am a holder of a Refugee Travel Document issued in Great Britain do I need a visa to go to Portugal please?
  • i am a filipino citizen , married with german national.i have philippine passport & schengen visa..we are planning to go for Holiday in Turkey do i need visa for this matter?..
    i need ur help... thnx
  • am permanet resident of Egypt do i need a visa to enter  portogal ?
  • I hold a Philippine passport and I am here in London on multi entry tourist visa. I am planning to visit Italy, Germany and Paris, do I need an entry on all the countries I have mentioned?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged