Working in Florida
  • Hi, i'm Irish and want to travel to the USA in September. I am hoping to spend a few months there and work also. I was just wondering if anyone knows if its actually possible to get a work visa to allow me to do this and spend maybe a year in the US? I know under the visa waiver program i am allowed to enter the US for a period of 90 days without a visa but 3 months seems a short period.If anyone could help me with this i would greatly appreciate it.
  • I'm from Cork and I worked in a hotel in Disneyworld in Orlando from September 06 to February 08 on a J-1 visa (although I think they've stopped the 18 month ones now; you can only get a year). I got the visa and my job through www.yummyjobs.com (based in London) and they have hospitality related positions all over the States. It's highly unlikely you can get a visa once you enter the country - everything has to be organised in advance - because the 90 day visa waiver is exactly that - a document you sign that waives any right you have to apply for a visa when you're there. If you're from Northern Ireland or a recent graduate you can also apply to training programs at most of the major theme parks. It was a fantastic experience and I'd highly recommend it. Good luck! Catherine
  • You should be able to get a all the documents from your travel agent if not thenhere is a link for work permits in the US- http://www.workpermit.com/us/us.htm
    You can always stay and try and work under the table but it can be a little risky.....I wouldn't really recommend it.

Good luck
    Sara

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged