cruising
  • I am a Gambian with a British visa and i want to go cruising to Europe from Southampton. Do i need a visa for spending 8 hours in Oslo, Copenhagen, St. Pittsburgh and Zeebrugge.
  • For Oslo, Copenhagen and Zeebrugge you will require a Schengen visa. St Petersburg is in Russia which is not in the EU or Schengen zone operate a visa waiver scheme.

Cruise ship passengers can currently visit Russia on visa-waiver scheme provided the stop in the port of call doesn't exceed 72 hours and tourists stay overnight on board the cruise ship. This rule doesn't apply to passengers of Finnish and some other cruise companies. This rule doesn't apply either if there is only one port of call during a voyage.

Cruise passengers may disembark from the ship without a tourist visa if they participate on tours organized by cruise companies. Passengers not participating on tours and wishing to disembark will need to obtain a Russia tourist visa. Passengers won't be permitted ashore if they don't present a valid passport, a Russian visa and a voucher issued by a Russian travel company or another authorized organization.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion