Looking for a quiet resort in Turkey over September
  • We are looking for a sunny quiet resort in Turkey in September any suggestions?
  • Hi Domino, The best one is Datca which is a quite holiday resort town near Marmaris in the Aegean. Enjoy it.. You can see a full list of the holiday resorts in Turkey this link Holiday resorts in Turkey
  • Hi Domino, i think Altinkum is the best i travel there every year, it is quiet & relaxing in September also still hot enough to sunbathe. the only downfall it can get rather chilly in the evenings so pack a jumper. The best hotel is meryem ana, i now rent an apartment when i go to Altinkum it is really reasonable on the price. also there are 3 beaches in Altinkum u'll be spoilt for choice lol. Look on Holiday Lettings for Apartments.

Good Luck
  • Hi,

Torba (Bodrum Peninsula) is quiet. It is only 30mins from Bodrum Airport. It has a lovely stretch of beach where you can walk along the promenade. There are about a dozen cafe/bars/restaurants at the most. If you want to shop or enjoy the odd lively day you can catch the dolmus into Bodrum (10-15mins drive). Other resorts recommended by friends are Turgetruis, Yalikavak and Ortakent, all pretty quiet on the Bodrum Peninsula.
  • Personally I would go for somewhere like Calis Beach, far enough away from Fethyie and Olu Deniz. It’s peaceful & quiet and the people are lovely. We’ve been going there twice a year for the last 10 years
  • bitez is very quite,and so is ortakent
  • Hi, I have never really fancied going to Turkey always thought it was very touristy, British bars etc. My husband and I are looking for a really quiet, relaxing holiday for early next year - May time. Not bothered whether it is a hotel or s/c just so long as we can relax and chill out for a couple of weeks - had thought of the Greek Isles but if anybody can suggest anything in Turkey we would be willing to look.

Thanks for any help.

Chrismart
  • I've been all part of turkey, but the best place is dalyan and dat
  • I highly recommend Cavus (also known as Adrasan) for a very peaceful and relaxing holiday. It is a very quiet coastal resort set on a 1km sweeping bay backed by pine clad mountains. On the Lycian way, it is approx. 1.5hrs drive from Antalya airport. No large tour operators go to Cavus but it is very easy to book a flight to Antalya and the hotels will arrange your transfer for you. I stay at the beach side Mithat Motel, run by a very friendly and helpful family but this is just one of many small hotels in the bay.
    There are restaurants and bars but on the whole Cavus remains unspoilt. You can enjoy daily boat trips to nearby Olympos and various other beautiful bays with a number of local boat captains.
    There is a small market on Sundays in the village or you can go to nearby Kumluca on Fridays and experience the very impressive fruit and vegetable market there. There are also a few gold shops but not much in the way of tourist shopping. A visit to the Basak (bashak) coffee shop in the town square is highly recommended for baklava and coffee.
    I've been going to Cavus for 15 years now and never tire of it's laid back pace. The local people are so generous and can't do enough for you.
    Check out www.cavus-bay.com/ to get a good idea of what the bay is like.
    Happy Holidays!
  • Hello. Would recommened Patara, Kalkan or Kas (reachable from Dalaman or Antalya Airports in 2/3 hours - that's why they are quiet !) - all on Lycian Coast, all veru unspoiled, beautifully quiet and all in easy reach of the most incredible archaeology and long beaches. Have stayed in both Kalkan and Patara and staying in Kas September.
    Best wishes
  • I am looking at 3 resorts in Turkey,1) St. Nicholas Park Hotel, Hisaronu Oludeniz, Fethiye Mugla Turkey, Hisaronu; 2) Sea Garden Village Hapimag, Bodrum; 3)Silver Beach Residence, Mahmutlar.
    We are a couple of Australians in our late 50's who are adventurous, like to see all, but not interested in crowds or night life. Love to hear your suggestions on these locations if not the resorts themselves.
  • about adrasan ( secret bay of turkey)

Is it any body been in adrasan? we would like to go as for nice and quiet holiday with my family.

please help us if you know anything about this place

thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged