Lost in Greece
  • So we only have 7 nights to spend in Athens, Santorini & Mykonos with an early flight back home out of the Athens airport. Looking for suggestions on how many nights in each location. Also any recommendations of what to do..in our limited time in each place :)
  • You will need to fly to each place as ferries take several hours. Even so flights between Santorini and Mykonos are limited only a couple of flights each week. You will have very little time to appreciate each place.

On Santorini the places to see are Akrotiri, the pre historic city, nearby is the dramatic red beach  then there is the village of Emporio and its castle.You can take a tour to the volcano and thermal springs and in the evening see the famous Santorini sunset.

Mykonos town and the Chora neighbourhood , sometimes known as little Venice is stunning overlooking the town are the iconic windmills. At sunset go to the church known as Panagia Paraportiani, this white washed church dates back to the Byzantine era. The views from the churches main entrance are spectacular

Both islands have great restaurants and night life.

I lived outside of Athens for three years and travelled extensively and I did not do it in one week.

• I would suggest focusing on one location or extending your trip. You will not have enough time to enjoy these locations otherwise. I would suggest taking a day or two in Athen, then spending 5-6 days on either Santorini or Mykonos.

For ideas of things to do in these places, check out this travel guide to Greece.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion