Cruise Transit Visa
  • Hi! 

I hold a filipino Passport and I have a US visa, i will be taking a Cruise to Alaska with a 6 hour stop in Victoria, We are not planning to go down and will stay in the Ship. Before I booked my Cruise I asked the agent, and they said we don't need a transit visa, and i checked the canada immigration official website and said Philippine Passport is not required a transit visa with conditions. 

I just want to reconfirm, I'am really scared my cruise line will not allow us to board the ship even though the Agent said we don't need a visa. What do you think?
  • If you don't get off the ship, then you don't need a visa. You should be fine.
  • If the cruise line and Canadian immigration state you do not need a transit visa why are you worried? Canada has an agreement that people who are not Americans but have permanent residence can enter Canada short term without a visa. You can check again when you arrive in Victoria. Stop worrying and enjoy your cruise.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion