Visitor visa for parents
  • Hi, I am in UK on student visa and my parents went to USA to meet my brother on visitor visa from India. On the way back they want to visit UK. So, can they apply a UK tourist visa from USA?
  • Yes they can apply while they are in the USA. Only people applying for visitor visa can do this . See paragraph 28 of the UK Immigration Rules.

28. An applicant for an entry clearance must be outside the United Kingdom and Islands at the 
    time of the application. An applicant for an entry clearance who is seeking entry as a visitor 
    must apply to a post designated by the Secretary of State to accept applications for entry 
    clearance for that purpose and from that category of applicant. Subject to paragraph 28A, any 
    other application must be made to the post in the country or territory where the applicant is 
    living which has been designated by the Secretary of State to accept applications for entry 
    clearance for that purpose and from that category of applicant. Where there is no such post the 
    applicant must apply to the appropriate designated post outside the country or territory where 
    he is living. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion