Long term stay Schengen visa for Malaysian
  • Hi

    I (a-non Malaysian) got a 6 month research attachment in Italy and my visa is granted yesterday. I plan to bring along my wife (who is a Malaysia National) for 6 months stay but unfortunately the consular section does not issue a visa for such period. According to them, as Malaysia nationals do not require a visa for 3 months she can accompany me for three months only. They are not sure what kind of visa they should issue to us.

    Can someone suggest a way out?

    Is it possible to go to Italy on a tourist visa and then she can apply for a residence permit?

  • Malaysians DO NOT require a visa when travelling to Schengen countries. Your wife can join you and you can ask if she can have a residence permit once she is in Italy. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion