Visiting Norway in August NEED advice
  • I will be traveling by boat form Bergen to Alesund, Norway on August. I have 8 days. Can you suggest an itinerary. I have no idea what to do, where to go. I do know of the great fiords in that area Sognefjord, Nordfjord and Geiranger. I’d love to see them all but I know there wouldn’t be enough time. We are interested in fishing, exploring, seeing beautiful places and wildlife, sometimes getting off boat for amazing hikes, kayaking and staying out of rough ocean waters… smooth calm waters for us.
    We are a family of 5 - 15 year old (girl), 13(boy) and 9 (boy)
    Can you suggest a few places we should target as destinations along the way?
  • Hi there,
    Do you mean that your cruise is eight-days long? If you have already organised your boat trip then it is best to consult the operator to see your exact route and what can be done along the way. Or do you mean that you have eight days after arriving in Alesund? Maybe this Norway Travel Guide will give you some ideas! You are going at a very good time of year.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion