Taking my child here in bahrain
  • Hi there guys!some body whi knows.if there a possibility of taking my child here bahrain since her mother and I is not married?,what will i do?
  • Firstly it depends on the parental rights you have in your own country as to whether or not you can remove the child.  What country are you from ? Are you on the child's birth certificate? Does the mother consent to you taking the child?How old is the child? Who will care for the child when you go to work? 
     Countries have to be mindful of child trafficking. If you give me the information I may be able to help you further.
  • Thanks for the quik response mam,.i have all the rights about the child, we and the mother agreed that later i will take our child here with me in bahrain,then sooner she will be here also for work,.about taking care of the child her sister is here also in bahrain and she is staying at home .about the child age,actually she will guve birth to our child this november.i am from the phillipines mam Alethia
  • Under Filipino law you do not have any rights to the child, the mother of an illegitimate child has sole custody. 
    The child will not have your surname unless you comply with Phillipines Republic Act 9255

    Personally I am also shocked that you think it is acceptable to take a baby away from its mother and give it to her sister.Obviously you think this baby has no needs and that an aunt is better than a mother.

     What type of visa do think Bahrain's immigration will issue the baby? The child is illegitimate and probably will not have your surname. Why can't you marry the babies mother and then apply for a family visa to allow your wife and child to join you in Bahrain.

  • Yes, i will comply with the republic act 9255.,what happened is very personal mam,unluckylly my first marriage was not that successful,we are separated for almost 7yrs now,.that is why i cannot make another marriage,.mam now this is my family,,.the mother is here also in bahrain she will just give birth in philippines,.mam now is there any chance for that?
  • I do not understand why your girlfriend is going to the Philipines to give birth, the hospitals in Bahrain are of a high standard and your girlfriend has her sister there and you. In my law practice I see people all the time who make decisions that make their life so diificult.

    If the child is born in Bahrain and as soon as it has a passport it can be added to the mothers work permit as a family visa, this is more difficult if the child is born abroad.

    Look here and scroll down to the section "Child" http://hellobahrain.com/content/family-visa

    There may not be divorce in the Philipines but if you are lawfully resident in another country such as Bahrain, that does allow divorce  you can apply for a divorce in that country.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion