Living in USA, Green card holder with UK passport due to expire
  • Can I travel?
    Passport runs out mid Oct 2014.
    I want to travel Sept 12th 2014 to UK for ten days.
    Do I need to renew passport before travel ? Or can I expedite in UK?
  • You need to apply for a new passport before you go. Do it now!
  • Anya, the poster is a British citizen he does not need six months on his passport to return to the UK as it is his home country. He can then apply for a new passport in the UK. Only problem is that there is a huge back log at the UK passport office and the staff have been on strike. So it may take longer than 10 days to obtain a new passport.
  • Ah you're right, didn't read carefully enough. I generally advise people to avoid travelling with passports that have less than 1 month's validity though, as you never know what can happen!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion