Is the tap water safe to drink in Mozambique?
  • Is the tap water safe to drink in Mozambique or should we buy bottled water?
  • Hi Jason, it depends where you go really - I suggest you get advice from the hotel. The tap water is treated, but most visitors to Mozambique still choose to drink bottled mineral water to be safe.
  • Hi Jason, Mathieu is right - the water quality is likely to vary depending on where you are going in Mozambique. My advice is to drink bottled water. I say this because even if the water is perfectly 'safe' to drink foreigners often still react weirdly to water they aren't used to. Better safe than sorry!
  • In almost developing countries the tap water is not recommended. Bottle of water is a better choice.
  • Hi Jason,

I see from your other post that you're spending a night in Maputo and then going further up the coast. If you're driving from Johannesburg and ultimately heading to more rural areas, I would suggest you consider buying a large water tank to take with you. Bottled water can be rather expensive.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged