UK VISA DENIEL
  • I am an Nigerian in West Africa, myself and my wife applied for UK tourist visa January 2012, but denied by UK embassy in Nigeria that we did not have sufficient fund. I am planning to visit Ireland for holiday this year. Can Ireland embassy give me visa? I just want to know before i waste money and precious time. Thank you.
  • You will need to meet the criteria of the Irish immigration rules which are very similar to the US requirements. The fact you have been refused a US visa must be disclosed ( this is important) If you cannot meet the following criteria or do not have sufficient funds then don't apply as you will be refused again.

Travelling to Ireland as a tourist

If you will be visiting Ireland for a short period (less than 3 months) and you require a visa, you must present the following documents with your completed and signed visa application form:

• Full details of the reason for your visit - for example to see friends or family.
    • If you plan to stay in a hotel, you will need written confirmation of the hotel booking containing the dates of your proposed stay.
    • A letter from a reference in Ireland inviting you to come to Ireland. The letter should include contact details for the reference, proposed dates for your stay and details of where you will be staying during your visit.
    • Written undertakings from both yourself and your reference, confirming that you will observe the conditions of your visa, that you will not become a burden on the State, and that you will leave the State on the expiration of your permission to remain.
    • Details of your relationship to your reference, or how you are known to each other, along with supporting evidence of this.
    • If your reference is not an Irish citizen, evidence of their permission to remain in Ireland. (That is, a copy of their Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) card and copy of their passport showing immigration stamps)
    • Evidence of how you intend to finance your trip and support yourself for the duration of your visit, allowing for any unforeseen events such as illness. A detailed bank statement, covering a 6 month period immediately prior to your visa application, and showing sufficient funds to cover all costs, is required.
    • Evidence that you are obliged to return to your country of residence. This evidence can take the form of a letter from your employer detailing when you are expected to return to work or a letter from a college specifying the date on which your course of study re-commences. If you do not work or study, a letter from a person in authority may be sufficient.

There is more information on the documentation required for a visit/holiday visa on the website of the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS) of the Department of Justice and Equality.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Short Stay Visit (Family%20or%20Tourist)#Tourist

• Thank you.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion