I want to grow my knowledge about Thailand
  • I have great passion to travel around the world and in this
    forum I am interested to discuss all the attractions throughout the
    Thailand.  Thailand is truly a beautiful
    country in Southeast Asia and attracts the visitors due to its attractive
    places. I have visited Thailand once in my childhood with my father but here I
    want to learn more about its places, history, culture, customs and its people.
    I hope this forum will be a quite useful for me to grow my knowledge. 

• Thailand is such a country where a traveler can see & visit at any angel. But you have not miss 5 places while you are here.
    1. Grand places
    2. BKK floating market
    3. Khao Yi national park
    4.Railay beach
    5. china town
  • Thailand is really very nice place.I have also visit this place.Temple of Dawn is my one of the best place.Which is very peace full place.
  • Thailand is really very beautiful place to visit. Top tourist attractions in Thailand:

1. Ko Tarutao
    2. Ayuthaya
    3. Grand Palace
    4. Similan Islands
    5. Chiang Mai Night Bazaar
  • paulsd and
    raubymartin! I don't have any idea about your above listed places but I just
    know a little bit about the Grand Palace. According to my knowledge the Grand
    Palace is a complex of buildings located in the heart of Bangkok. It was the
    official residence of the Kings of Siam. Am I right? Guys! Let me
    know further about this palace and other attractions that you have mentioned
    above. I am curious to know about all.

• Kingdom of Thailand, Generally known
    as Siam, is a country at the center of Southeast
    Asia
  • Your out of date prvisaexpert, Thailand is not generally known as Siam and has not been so since 1949. In fact Siam is considered in some quarters to be racist term, as it means"dark skinned"
  • Absolutely Alethia! I can't remember the last time I heard Thailand called Siam...
  • Alethia! I never heard about it and interested to know
    detailed information about why the Thailand is known as Siam. Can you brief
    what is the history behind it? I am curious to know. So Alethia and Ella Johnson!
    Let me know you know about it.

• Niky you could easily Google this information

The oldest known mention of  the Siamese is in a 12th-century A.D. inscription at the Khmer temple complex of Angkor Wat in Cambodia, which refers to syam, or "dark brown", people It was believed that Siam derived from the Sanskrit word syam, or "brown race", with a contemptuous significance.
    After the  Siamese Revolution in 1932 the name of Thailand was initially adopted Thailand means "Land of the Free"  It was formerly ratified in 1949 as the official  name of the country

• Alethia, Niky has been banned for posting spam links. I'm still not sure if she was a person or not!
  • Sorry Anya I was not aware Niky had been banned. Its hard to tell who is a spam bot or a human.
    At least the information in my post might be of interest to someone.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion