Travel to Prague and the Czech Republic
  • Hi the forum,
    I am planning a trip to Prague, and keen to get travel advice from anybody who has been there and can suggest great attractions etc. Also, when would be a good time to visit Prague? And finally, although people rave about the capital city, you never really hear anything about the rest of the country! I would be keen to explore more widely in the Czech Republic - can somebody recommend good excursions out of Prague, or weekend getaways?
  • Hi Wren,
    Like most of Europe peak season for Prague is summer, between June and August, but if you would prefer not to travel with the crowds, April and May, and September or even October are also great options. Prague is incredible! But the wider Czech Republic is also very interesting and a lot more undiscovered. I would suggest excursions to old villages like Sedlec and Cesky Krumlov, or Karlovy Vary (if you like spa getaways). Check out this Czech Republic Travel Guide for ideas for sightseeing in Prague and the rest of the country. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged