Thailand with kids - best islands?
  • Travelling to Thailand with wife and 2 young kids. Where are the best beaches and islands for us if we want to experience culture, nature and away from the tourist tat and loud parties?
  • I saw at channel France 24 advertisement about most popular resort in Thailand - Hua Hin the oldest and most traditional Thai resort combines the attractions of a modern holiday destination with the charm and fascination of a still active fishing port.
  • Hi Digdog,
    It's hard to make a good recommendation without knowing a bit more about what kind of holiday activities your family would be interested in, but if you are looking for a quieter resort experience in Thailand (and by resort, I really just mean island beach holiday) then it is best to avoid Phuket. Perhaps Koh Chang would be better, or Koh Pha Ngan - just so long as your visit doesn't coincide with one of their full moon parties. Check out this short Thailand Travel Guide for some ideas.
  • I know that the best island in Thailand is KO Phi Phi. It offers numerous opportunities for recreation, spiritual exploration, and relaxation. Phi Phi Don is very touristy but retains that sense of beach perfection. It’s still well worth a visit. Yes, there are many Beaches in Thailand. I suggest you to go Thong Takian Beach. It is also known as Silver Beach. One of my friend visited here. He said that a small cove between Lamai and Chaweng on Koh Samui secluded yet an easy taxi ride to nightlife and restaurants. You can go Haad Salad is a peaceful and secluded beach far from the party scene at Haad Rin or the next Railay is accessible only by boat from Ao Nang or Krabi. There are no vehicles in the town so very silent and perfect for kids. In August I will a plan to visit in New Zealand through the guide of TT Shuttles service. So I am very much exited.

• Thailand is famous for its tropical islands. Thailand has three main sets of islands; those to the east of
    Bangkok, between Bangkok and the Cambodian border; those in the southern
    Gulf of Thailand; and those in the Andaman Sea -- off the west coast of
    Thailand, between the Burman and Malaysian frontiers.
  • Koh laan is the nearest island at Pattaya and i think its also best for the kids because my friend was go there with kids and he said that its good Island also for the kids..
  • Thailand is most popular for its beautiful islands which are offer you fantastic experience.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion