Things to see and do in South Korea
  • Hi! I am going for an extended visit to my sister who is working as a teacher in South Korea. She is based in Busan and has not yet travelled much at all outside of the city. I am looking for recommendations on what I should see and do while I'm in the country - I will be based with her in Busan but I am keen to travel further afield for some weekends etc. I am going in October so some advice on the weather and what to pack would also be useful.
  • Hi Kahlan,
    October is a pretty good month to visit Busan. It will be autumn and luckily you are travelling after typhoon season. It shouldn't be too hot or too cold: average temperatures should range between about 15C and 25C. My top recommendation would be to take the ferry to Jeju Island (Jejudo) and spend a bit of time there. Check out this South Korea Travel Guide for some more ideas. Enjoy!
  • When i was in Seoul last year, I took two half-day tours with a private tour guide company. It was wonderful because I got to see and experience all the great places in Seoul like a native.

You would probably want to explore the following places:

• Insadong, Ssamzi-gil (Culture)
    • Myeong-dong (Shopping)
    • Itaewon (Bars & Good Eats)
    • City Hall (History)
    • Seoul Palace (History)
    • Nonhyeon-dong Young-dong Market (Local Korean Food)
    The guys who took me around were a company called Seoul Tour Guide (http://seoultourguide.com) They were very helpful and helped me to customize an itinerary just for me.

If i had to choose one place, I would recommend that you visit Nonhyeon-dong Young-dong Market because you can truly feel the local Korean vibe.

Hope that helps!

Nick

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion