Can US citizen get a one way ticket to Amsterdam?
  • Hello! I am a US citizen. Getting my passport this week. Buying my ticket to Amsterdam shortly after. I will be getting a one way ticket! Is this allowed? I know I will be asked questions about my travels since I will be getting a one way ticket. I will be gone no longer than 3 months as that is the legal limit without visa. I will not be staying in Amsterdam the while time. I will be taking the train to surrounding cities. I am a musician and wondering if I tell them that I'm going out there to play music, if that is allowed. Any information is greatly appreciated!!! Thank you
  • You do not need a return ticket but I would not mention you are playing your guitar, as this maybe construed as working and not tourism.
  • Alethia is correct... if you tell them you plan to busk or play gigs that may be an issue. If you don't have a return ticket you also may be asked to prove that you have sufficient funds, such as a credit card.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion