Weather in Thailand and Asia in October
  • Hi

I am going to Thailand in October and I am wondering where to go to get away from the rain? I am visiting my brother who lives on Koh Tao and then we are planning to travel to somewhere less rainy. (I have to go in October for work reasons.)
    Could anyone advise me where we could go to get away from the rain? We could take a short flight.

Thanks
  • In October, you should be okay to travel anywhere and stay dry. If you are traveling the 2 last weeks of october, you are getting closer to the dry season. Basically, the more south you head, the dryer it will be. South of Phuket such as Krabi, Trang, or even Phuket is okay. Hua Hin is always more dry than Phuket.
  • Thanks, that's really helpful. I can't wait to get there!
    Bek
  • Hi
    My name is Gustav, i'm planing to travel to Thailand on Sep, 17th up to 24th along with my family , kindly advice me abput the weather forcast out of your experiance .

Thanks
  • Great website to check out for weather throughout the year in Thailand/ S.E Asia is http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php
    But the general rule is to stay in the east coast islands, (Samui, Phan Ngan, Tao), wear the weather is better in the rainy season.
    And rainy season anyway is generally a heavy rain storm in the morning with skies clearing after lunch.

Have fun!
  • I plan on going to Thailand in mid-august and for approximately one month. This is the only period I could get time off from work - hence the bad timing weatherwise. However, I am hoping to find someplace where the weather is relatively good. Any advise on this would be much appreciated!

Ellen

P.S. As I plan on going to a thaiboxing school while there, I have done some research on schools. It seems there is a very good one in Rawai, Phuket, but is this a particularly bad location to be during the rainy season?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged