Walking in Italian Alps
  • We are a group of 4 ladies, looking to visit the Italian Alps for summer walking. We would like a typical Italian Village, to stay in, but with bars/cafes/shops. Quite happy to self cater. Looking to fly and hire a car. Where would you go?
  • Hi,
    You may have already received the information you were looking for, but I think a wonderful area is the Aosta Valley. There is the bustling town of Courmayeur, and also many quieter, nearby villages such as La Salle. This area is a hiker's paradise, with nearby Grand Paradiso National Park, and of course the massive Mont Blanc. There are plenty of restaurants in the area to suit all types of diners. In addition to endless hiking opportunities, there are also the Aosta Roman ruins and medieval castles a plenty. If you go in August, be prepared to dine with the many Italians vacationing in the area.

I hope this helps with your travel planning!
  • Hi there. ValCamonica has a lot of activities you might be interested in. At the mouth of the valley is Lake Iseo which offers water sports and wine too! See what you think: www.visit-iseo.com/en/what-do/sport
  • Hi, I would recommend San Vigilio di Marebbe, little village located in a side valley of Val Badia, in the heart of the South-Tyrolean Dolomites. It is a typical mountain village, but great for holiday! :) Also, there is a great chioce of accommodation, as well as restaurants with delicious food.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged