Need visa for china and vietnam
  • please advise on obtaining visa for china and vietnam im british passport holder partner italian
  • Meldah - visit the Word Travels China visa page and click on one of the visa service links above the information. They can arrange everything for you and your partner.
  • A Brief Introduction to Chinese Visa

1)Chinese visa is a permit issued to a foreigner by the Chinese visa authorities for entry into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a Diplomatic, Courtesy, Service or Ordinary Visa to a foreigner according to his/her identity, purpose of visit to China and passport type.

2)The Ordinary Visa consists of eight sub-categories, which are respectively marked with Chinese phonetic letters L, F, Z, X, C, G, D, J-1and J-2.

* L Visa: Issued to an applicant who comes to China for tourist purposes, family visiting or other personal affairs.
    * F Visa: Issued to an applicant who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and culture exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of no more than six months.
    * Z Visa: Issued to an applicant who is to take up a post or employment in China, and their accompanying family members.
    * X Visa: Issued to an applicant who comes to China for the purpose of study, advanced studies or intern practice for a period over six months.
    * C Visa: Issued to crewmembers on international aviation, navigation and land transportation missions and family members accompanying them.
    * G Visa: Issued to those who transit through China.
    * D Visa: Issued to applicant who is to reside permanently in China.
    * J-1 Visa: Issued to foreign resident correspondents in China.
    * J-2 Visa: Issued to foreign correspondents on temporary interview missions in China.

3)Validity of visa: normally speaking, a visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance(=date of application) and on any day within this period, the visa holder may enter China.

Duration of stay specified in the visa: normally speaking, a visa holder may stay in China for 1 month which counts from the date of his/her entrance into China. To stay longer, you need to specify your request in your application form and it'll be subject to the permission of the consul in charge.

4)Overseas Chinese visa authorities, include Chinese embassies, consulates, visa offices, and the consular department of the office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. If a foreigner intends to enter into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory, he shall apply to the above-mentioned Chinese visa authorities for a Chinese visa. For further information, please consult the nearest Chinese visa authorities.

5)Important notes:

According to the relevant international law, any sovereign state has the exclusive rights to decide whether or not to allow the foreigners to enter its territory, and accordingly to issue visa, reject visa application and cancel an issued visa according to its national law without providing the reasons.

With its valid Chinese passport, a Chinese citizen can enter China without a visa.

All regulations and costs are subject to change without notice.

Paying the visa fee

The overseas Chinese visa authorities are Chinese embassies, consulates, visa offices, the consular department of the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in HKSAR, and other agencies abroad authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China. If a foreigner intends to enter into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory, he shall apply to the above-mentioned Chinese visa authorities for a Chinese visa. For further information, please consult the nearest Chinese visa authorities.

Source:http://www.traveltibetguide.com/Chinese_Visa.html
  • On the trying to get a Chinese visa from the Embassy in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) front...

Today (9 August 2010) I tried to get a Chinese visa in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). The plan was to head to Tiger Leaping Gorge from around Sapa.

They refused it because they wanted confirmed tickets in and out of the country plus proof that accommodation had been booked for the full stay, so it wasn't really backpacker friendly but could be fine if you have a fully pre-booked holiday out there. They did suggest trying at the embassy in Hanoi but didn't really explain why this was better, but they did say this in relation to us failing on the pre-booked tickets front...

Just for reference, for a British passport holder the fees were:

$30 for single entry processed in 4 days
    $60 for single entry processed the same day.

They wanted 1 passport photo, a photocopy of the picture page of your passport and a photocopy of your vietnamese visa. They also want work/uni addresses/phone numbers so take a note of these.
  • What oscarcharlie1 said was right, many embassies will refuse the request for no reason, but if you have any document to prove that you are invited by formal travel agency for the visit or you can show them some documents in reality like international flight tickets, travel itinerary and invitation letter offered by the foreign agency, things will go become easier.
  • Hey - good info oscarcharlie1.

Quick question - were you/ are you resident in Vietnam at the time of application? Many people suggest the Chinese embassy/ consulates in Vietnam will not deal with you without proof that you are working/ studying/ residing (non tourist) in Vietnam at the time of application.

Also a Brit, looking to enter China on a tourist visa applied for in Vietnam (all flights/ hotels previously booked).
    Cheers
  • Hi everyone....I have just been saved!!! I was in the Manchester centre hoping to get a visa until i was informed that i hads missing documents......I found an amazing agent situated on George street. They sorted everything and i even got my visa the sameday.
    Highly reccomend these guys....01618709048. without these helping me i would of missed my flight.
  • thanks...for...sharing...
  • Just to let everyone know.... the address that you find on the web to go and apply for a Chinese visa is now changed. I arrived at the address of the Chinese embassy listed when I googled "Chinese Visa", but when I got there, there was a sign that directed me to another address: 175 Ba Trung, District 1. This is the place you have to go to get the visa. It is also a Chinese embassy.
  • Sorry, the address is in District 3 not 1
  • Thankyou for the comments cliff, I hope you enjoyed your trip.
  • Thank you very much. I will visite Vietnam for 2 months next week.
  • currently everyone must provide extra documents if applying for Tourism visas, These are:
    Confirmed flights
    Confirmed Hotels

For Italians you must provide Insurance as well.

If your still not sure or require more information, I'd be happy to help you (Chinese visas from the UK)
    Please call 0161 870 9048

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged