Wedding in Malawi
  • I am a british citizen hoping to get married in Malawi very soon. We haven't had any luck getting information from the embassay yet. After many phone calls we still have no idea what documetation and arrangements need to be taken care of. We also need to know if the wedding would be legal or recognised as legal back here in the UK. Any help would be much appreciated!!!
  • when were you hoping to be married in malawi? It is a great destination, we are planning to set up tourism and weddings in malawi as well as many people are struggling to find information on malawi
  • I am a Malawian based in the UK, and getting married next year in Malawi, you can contact the embassy in London however, from my research to you can get married in Malawi as long as you've both been there for 21 days prior to registration. My advice is if you can, then go there and sort it out yourself as if you send someone else they'll always say they can't give out any application forms as they require the individuals getting married to be present....Hope this helps
  • Hi Claire, just wondered if you ever found out what you needed as I am also a British citizen wanting to marry a South African in Malawi and can't seem to find much information anywhere!
  • I am also in the same boat. I am a British citizen wanting to marry a Malawian this year but the information is very vague. Please let me know if you find or have found any information. If I find anything I will also post here. Thanks
  • I would advise to all of you guys no to travell to malawi on your special day. Tha Land is full of croocks. You will be sad in stead of being overwhelmed by happyness and joy.
  • I have so many sad stories tell you about my stay in Malawi. I am an American woman and last year went to marry a Malawiyan in Malawi (Blantyre). I know the guy long time a go when I was Volunteering in Malawi with one NGO. In short I did all my best to please him and his family and consquently I run out of my money (but not my love) to solve and support all his personal and family problems. Unfortunatly I was not resiprocated by warm love, kind heart and carring. Instead he did all inhuman and despicable savage acts and the most daunting thing for me was he was helped by the police, migration and the currupted judges. Eventually I left malawi sworing not to dream about it again. Oh dear friends I strongly advise Please don't please dream to go the land of criminals and crooks.
  • I am very sorry Ngara for your awful awful experience, but I do not think that your experience with one individual can justifiably be used to name a whole nation.
    Malawi is a wonderful country with wonderful people. Yes it has its criminals and crooks, but so does every country and every town in this world.
    Your advise should be to go with your eyes open and excersize caution, as you would the world over, not to damn a whole country. I am marrying an English man. I bet I could find hundreds of people who could tell me similar stories of their experiences with an english man, and english migration services, but I am sure none would tell me not to marry in a country I love.

It sounds like you were very unlucky, and did not really know the man with whom you fell in love. I hope that happiness finds you soon.
  • I would also appreciate any advice any of you may have gathered on Malawian / English immigration on the subject of marrying in Malawi, to Malawians. I am not sure what path to follow on how to go about it all being recognized etc...
    Where are you all? In Malawi? Am in Lilongwe....be nice to meet you sometime.
  • I am looking for advice - I am a British woman engaged to a Malawian man. We live in South Africa and haven't decided where to get married. No one seems able to give us stright non-contradictory advice! Any suggestions?
  • im a malawian man age of 22 i just wana to advising all of you guys its not all the people who can do the samethings sometime u can win or luz if the luck it not belong to you i was living in riverpool in united king
    dom but now im in south africa but love to ve a ldy from uk,america canada or norwighein i relly likes british and americam i ddnt get married before but wana get marred with one of those conntries im living in south africa jhb for more information find me in facebook at brotherjobanda@ymail.com or call + 27729 660 393 u will chat with me know any obstecles
  • im a malawian man age of 22 i just wana to advising all of you guys its not all the people who can do the samethings sometime u can win or luz if the luck it not belong to you i was living in riverpool in united king
    dom but now im in south africa but love to ve a ldy from uk,america canada or norwighein i relly likes british and americam i ddnt get married before but wana get marred with one of those conntries im living in south africa jhb for more information find me in facebook at brotherjobanda@ymail.com or call + 27729 660 393 u will chat with me know any obstecles
  • if anybody wants to know how to Malawi in and you're a foreigner you must first go the the District Commisioners Ofifce where you'll be given forms to fill in and hand in all important documents like copies of your passports i.e identification or if you have been married before your divorce certificate. you'll be told to reside in malawi for 21 days in which you'll also be told when you can book for your ceremony to be held. on the wedding day you'll be given an original marriage certificate which can send a copy through the DC' with a fee to the registrar Office in Blantyre for your Internationally recognized marriage certificate to be processed, that takes about 1week. The certificate you'll must have an Apostile seal/stamp on it making your marriage valid internationally. i know all this because i went through hell with my British husband trying to get our marriage recognized. by the way be careful with the people at the DC's office, they are crooks and will try to get corrupt with you, believe me i know what am talking about.
  • hey,, any one who need help jst coll me 0742816656;; email me at mtsvinglai@gmail.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion