Travel agent scam lagos, nigeria
  • question withdrawn, apologies for any inconvenience to any parties mentioned
  • Has anyone heard of Mr. Taylor Brown a travel agent?
  • To M: These all sound like real names, but then, we Nigerians have come to be known as the highest scammers in the world, no thanks to some few but wickedly tenacious internet fraudsters.

If you will volunteer more details of your transactions and maybe a phone number/address, i promise to take it upon myself to do some fact finding and get back to you. If need be I will personally involve the Police just so these black sheeps get punished for smearing us hardworking and honest citizens.

You may copy me whatever info at: travels at globalconquestng com
  • To BEANGEL: Is Mr. Taylor Brown suppose to be a Nigerian as well?

The annoying thing about scammers out of africa is: they mostly assume nigerian citizenship whenever they want to carry out their nefarious activities.

I hope Mr. Brown has not scammed you though.

Goodluck!
  • Does anyone know of Salcon Travel Consultants or a Salami Babatunde, 1 Salcon Main Building, Magodo Estate in Lagos?
  • To Pugg: As the trend nowadays seem to suggest being within a distance of a Nigerian means not far from being scammed it is unfortunate, while some are promoting a good image as best as they can some are hardcore hustlers with only money making schemes on their minds. Try http://www.mottolinesworldwide.com if want a professional, affordable, secure, quality and reliable taxi service especially if you are a foreigner. Take care.
  • Salcon Travel Consultants or a Salami Babatunde, 1 Salcon Main Building, Magodo Estate in Lagos? IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED . THE TRAVELS AGENCY EXIST AND ITS REAL.
  • hey, i am planning to go to Nigeria next year 2010.(from southafrica) can anyone recommend a travel agency that can do everything for me.
  • Im extremely confused and slightly worried!! Im currently at the moment trying to figure out if i have been scamed by the travel agency that has been mentioned...

The travel agency is 1 Salcon Travel Agency
    Magodo Estate
    Lagos State
    Nigeria

And the travel agents Salami Babatunde.

Can someone confirm that this person exists cz its starting to seem abit dodgy!! Thanks.
  • To All,
    Salcon Travel Agency is a HUGE FRAUD!!!

There is no address in Magodo G.R.A Estate either the phase one or two that goes like that.
    Will the Number 2 of the street also be: 2, Salcon Main Building?
    They even asked someone they meet on this portal to send them USD225 as courier charges for a parcel containing some phoney air ticket, Visa(!!!) that was arranged even without the physical Passport, Taxi and accommodation arrangements!

Nigeria will never issue anyone visa without the recipient physically present and even if you have the British Nationality, you need a valid visa to set foot on the Nigerian soil. Nigerian visa can NEVER be procured on arrival!

These guys are scammers, so be warned! they have collaborators all over Europe and even America and the Far east.

They use valid company names like SETRACO Construction to con people into believeing there are some Building jobs to be executed.

To be fore-warned, is to be fore-armed!
  • need help on finding out if there is a leagel travel company called. VIRGIN TRAVEL TOURS.. Mr. Paul..please if someone can get back to me and let me no a.s.a.p.. that would be rellay helpfull..thanks
  • HI..me again i sould probley put in the whole correct agency..Mr. Paul lagos nigeria..please respond as soon as possible please with information thanks so much...stewartfan
  • Is there a hospital in Lagos call MAYDAY hospital?
  • check it out on the net if there is such a hospital it will be listed.
  • To M:

There is no 'Toying' Street in Ikoyi I can bet on that! The most popular Toyin street in Lagos Nigeria is at Ikeja and it happens to be the street on which I live!

Ikoyi streets are mostly named after past colonial officers and notable Nigerians. There is no 'Toying' street in Ikoyi. The scammer is just 'Toying' with your mind. Toyin street is spelt without the 'g'.

P.O box are not contact addresses and could be used as a ruse to con you into believing that they are real. Obviously he is leading you on! tell him to send a detailed office or home contact address to you that you need to have a friend deliver the payment in cash on your behalf.

We just apprehended one of them with the help of the Special Fraud Unit (SFU) of the Nigerian Police.

Please, give more details as requested and I promise you the police will swing into action.
  • COULD ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS TRAVEL AGENT BY THE NAME OF DAVID MATTHEW AND IS THERE A ADDRESS OF 1 BALOGUN LAGOS NIGERIA
  • PLEASE HELP I THINK I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED OUT OF $3000.00
  • Can any one tell me if this person is a recognized travel agent or is he a scammer?g'day miss Dumisa,

i apologise for the delay in getting your itinerary across you ..not waste much time as you can see the flight leaves tuesday 15th september as u have requested .It arrives Perth wednesday 16th september. All that remains now is receive your money for the booking on or before 12noon FRI 11th sept;
    if u have any questions you can contact me. we are happy to serve you
    Tunde Badmus for globelinktravels(2348051702146)
  • Hey there, I have a important question. I have been talking to a girl over there in Nigeria and is asking for some money. Not a lot, but to send it to an agency to come back over to the states. I have an address that she gave me, a phone number and a name. The agent Tiffany Mark wrote me an email and I talk to the girl I have been talking to on the phone, so I know she's real. But I cant find the location of the place on a map, because half of the roads don't show names. Can someone help me find this place out. A website would help as well.

address: 20 twins obasa,ikeja,lagos, Nigeria
    Agents name: Tiffany Mark.
  • dear friend
    iam been scammer by some people of nigeria i meet woman on dating web site and she been scamee me and trick me over $15000usd to pay for her flight and her boxes according to her she is american female and she call jenny whitey and some of her friends as a company shipment service here is there email jenny whitey is lonelyjenny07@yahoo.com and ajigbare_bs@yahoo.com as called the lawer barresiter bola sanni and the NDLOVU security service company called Adeyemi Oliade and hes Tel: +2348038319574
    Custodial manager
    if you have any information about these pepole they are living in abeakuta ogun state in nigeria you can email me at japter_76@yahoo.com pleases thank you
    regards
    mounir nz
  • scammer: sweetviviberry@yahoo.com

scam address: Mr.Dayo Daniel
    15 Adefimihan Street
    Itire Surulere
    Lagos State
    Nigeria
    sent parcel , scammed was never paid
  • ANY HOTEL IN NIGERIA KNOWN AS SUPERLATIVE TOWER HOTEL ABUJA PLEASE ANYONE CONFIRM
  • Guest - there is NO such hotel. The website is a fake. Be careful.
  • Does any one know if a person flying out of an airport from Nigeria needs to have at least $3000 US dollars on there person before boarding the plane - I think I am being scammed?
  • if any comments - pls email to
    lesimms47@shaw.ca
  • Yes, you are being scammed.
  • Hello anyone....I have a contract for the Superlative Tower Hotel in Abuja..could anyone tell me if that Hotel exist?
    or is this Travelagency real nig-travels@ive.com
    Thank you...please advise .....send mail to migelangelo@ive.de I am realy upset...
  • hallo all of you...sorry but I made typing misstakes
    the mail got an hangup on my keyboard

should read....... send mail to me regarding the real about of Superlative Tower Hotel in Abuja my mail
    migelangelo@live.de and anyone familiar with this travel agency nig-travels@live.com
    appreciate your help
  • @ Michael. There is no hotel by that name in Abuja, and the travel agency does not exist. You are being scammed big time. Scamming is now so rampant that I personally would not buy anything on the web that has a nigerian connection with money being paid in advance, unless if it credit card payment. The credit card company will pay me back in case of fraud.
    why would you want to buy travel ticket from Nigeria anyway. By the way, I am of Nigerian descent.
  • do not send any parcels to Dayo Daniel Hawley at 18 Adefimihan St. Lagos, NIgeria. I posted an ad on Kijiji and he replied saying he was sending money through Paypal. I then received a fraudulent email stating that the money was approved but I would not see the credit until I sent a shipping number. These fools didnt get away with it this time but I am sure they will scam somebody else. BE CAREFUL!!!!
  • Hello everybody out there who suspects they might be getting scammed. If you suspect it then it definately is a scam.
    I met my little scammer on yahoo personals. He goes by Kenneth Brandon or Kenneth Castro. His e-mail is "imnotsocutelol@yahoo" (what an understatement).
    His sad story was that he was some kind of contractor who lived in California but was doing business in Nigeria with his 9-year-old son for a couple of weeks. This was in September around the time school should be starting. I asked him why his son wasn't in America starting school and he said he was home schooled and there are homeschoolers in Nigeria for him. Why would you take your child that far to do 2 weeks worth of work... and who would be caring for the child while you're working? Red flag there ladies.
    The next thing he does is send me his flight itinerary back to the United States to an address in Santa Ana, CA with the American Xpress logo and everything on it. So I googled the address and it was a legitimate address to some rather nice looking apartments. But he must have gotten confused between all of his other victims because at first he said he lived in a house but the itinerary said an apartment number on it--second red flag. So he says he'll call me when he gets back to California.
    Next thing I know he can't leave the country because the airport in Lagos has drummed up some extra deposit charge for his son to fly back that he supposedly wasn't informed about when he originally purchased the airfare. He went on to tell me Nigeria wouldn't honor his American Xpress card over there to get cash and that he would not be able to get paid for a while for the work he had done. I told him to go to the American Embassy over there and even sent him a website for emergency help for americans abroad. He didn't pay any attention to that.
    The next drama that befalls him is his son's misbehavior. Evidently one day when his poor daddy was walking to the airport the child broke a window and the owner of the motel wouldn't let him leave until it's paid for. Well, as mentioned before, according to him Nigeria wouldn't honor his credit card so he was destitute and couldn't leave the country and needed money for the hotel repairs.
    Shortly after that he sends me a bank deposit slip to the tune of $150,000 with his "account number" on it, which looked very genuine with the bank logo on it but why would anyone disclose their account number to a stranger? At this point I knew he was a scammer. He was trying to convince me of his legitimacy to get me to deposit money in his account because he claimed he was unable (for some stupid reason) to withdraw any of it!!
    After doing some research I learned that these scammers are a big problem over there for the REAL Bank of Nigeria. To raise the public's awareness of this problem, they have posted pictures of fake deposit slips and other phoney documents. After going through several of them I found a deposit slip identical to the one he sent me--same account number, amount deposited and even the same signature of the depositor, the only difference was the printed name of the depositor at the top! Incredible!
    To make a long story short I decided to mess with him. I gave him a fake money order tracking number and told him he would be receiving $2000 by wire on a certain date. He went to pick it up and there was nothing there for him. Ha Ha!!
    In closing I'd like to say I have learned a lot in a very short time on how wide spread and deep this scamming really is. These people are everywhere!!
    Take care and whatever you do don't send money to someone you've never met.
  • Could anyone please enlighten me if they have heard of a Marya JONES, 2 Bailey Street, Shomolu, Lagos, Nigeria? If so have you got a photo that I may compare?
  • Dear gullible,
    you really did well by sharing your encounter with the fraudstar. The truth is that these hudlums will never learn, actually they claim to be very smart but in reality they are the most fools. The only plus they have is that some of thier victims are not english speakers, if not, with their spelling mistakes and wrong english the speak and write,it would have been easier to know them at the on-set because the majority of them, not all are illiterate, who have done nothing good for themselves and are as well not ready to do any thing good other than to go on tarnishing the image of nigeria. The bad reputation for nigeria due to their activities reaches even far more than their so-called seductions letters. These people should just wake up and live up to day, the world has changed, those faretales they go on telling would actaully be varied as matter of seconds by the consignee, the internet which they think is their most useful weapon is at the same their greatest betray.
    gullible, as i said earlier, its very good of you for narrating your expierence with the monster fool, the master of lies. GIVE THE FOOLS NO CHANCE!!!
  • Think I too have been scammed out of 300.00. Is it true that if a person from USA gets robbed there in Lagos, that there credit card isnt honored, nor their cashiers checks or travelers cheques
    Is there a hotel manager by the name of
    Fedro Evaristo
    State: Lagos City:
    Ikeja Country: Nigeria
    at possibly at a hotel called Jebete Travel and Tourism?
  • I was wondering if any one out there has herd of Isaac Olawale from Ikeja. Whats his status does he run or work for a travel agency? I would like to know and if any one has ever herd of a female na,ed rose caleb she says she staying in a hotel mushin not sure of hotels name but she says she is from the U.S.
  • Match.com watch out ladies!!! handsome photos and profiles beware. these profiles open then close down in a day, to reopen when FEDRO M EVARISTO cares to make contact. Poses with MODEL handsome pictures. Black/blue 6'3" and real sweet talker profile.
    Possibly preying for vulnerable women??? using any date site.

says 50 yr old male with daughter 10 in NC....do not be so sure...
    seen the profile again, different states, same photo/profile, different description....changes to attract women.

Asks to go onto yahoo messenger IM
    off date site, this communication may allow computer access, and allows a portal or window hole to enter your computer.
    Could worm around for negative reasons, one to obtain personal info, address, credit card info, or to eventually steal mail....trouble.

Pass this info to all women as a got to beware. they use different names, pictures, skits, online not always same or real person talking. Will spend time on phone too....it's self motivated to get info. False security established?? Liars. Be careful. Report to agency and save and send to online security. It is worth it. Keep anonymous.

Unsigned- a smart savvy lady
  • I to have been contacted through Match.com of a male named Fedro Evaristo, Also with a daughter in NC . He poses as a 50 yr, single parent who at the moment is in West Africa. I have not been asked about any money yet my gut feeling said to do reseach and yes he pops up every day or 2 asking all my personal info on my life, but he picked the wrong person I am not a vulnerable female. This needs to be stopped and charges filed against Match.com.
  • Hi,
    Is anyone know a the name Adedamola Samuel who said he is a travel agents. The address he gave me is 50 Airport Road, Lagos, Nigeria 23401 and his email address is sadedamola@ymail.com. The telephone number he gave me is a dead number 002348037185520. I was told to send money via western union to him. the other guy that i have been chatting to for 5 months name is Desmond Samuel not sure if that his name or i was actually talking to this Adedamola person and the pictures probably not belong to this Desmond Guy if he really exist. I had been scammed and lost £700. I know i was a fool and stupid and naive. Even after sending him various email and told him that i know all about his scamming he swore to me he is not. Strange enough Desmond was supposed to flight to the UK on Monday. After i email that Adedamola person to find out if Desmond is really coming on Monday as i didn't received anything that is the replied i got back " How are you doing this morning? I hope your night was great and perfect.
    I just want you to know that you don't have to panic because the doctors are making sure he is in good health. Mr Desmond was attacked by armed robbers yesterday in the afternoon. He was seriously injured and his condition is critical at this moment.
    The accident happened on his way to the airport, correspondence from the eye witness of the accident said the robbers thought there was money in the briefcase he was carrying but they did not know that it was just some of his document. The doctors are making sure that his health is being restored.
    Should in case the doctors need to speak with you please do leave your number so that they can get in touch with you.
    Once again am very sorry about this, the doctors and i will make sure he regain is strength back". I emailed him back and asked him to give me the details and the hospital that Desmond is staying and their phone number. I haven't received a replied back. I wrote again but nothing so i don't think i will be hearing from him. That Desmond guy found me on my space. My profile wasn't great all i had was my pic and name and date of birth that it. But he was very good at what he was doing as he managed to earn my trust as i didn't have trust in people and i was taking for a fool that i trust the wrong person. So beware Ladies anyone want you to send money without meeting them or for any reason please don't be like me just report them or bloke them.
  • I met someone on Yahoo Personals by the name of Kenneth Brandon from Santa Ana, CA with a 10 yr old son and in Nigeria on business, go figure...this story sounds so family Ms. Gullible.

It's only been 2 wks of chatting and already he loves me...freaked me out when I read his email this past weekend and he just asked me my real name last night. Said he was coming back to the states in 3 days and would like to meet me. I told him I wouldn't be able too take time off work until July and he said that was too long. Story short...it's a good thing my gut feeling told me to do my diligent effort in finding anything I could about him.

Thank you all for posting this infomation on here and that it actually shows up on Google...koudos to Google.

SassySavvy
  • can someone help with this...is their any hospital name hill view hospital with this address #65A AIR-PORT ROADM MORUTOLA MOHAMED WAY IKEJA LAGOS, LAGOS STATE NIGERIA?

pls help me
  • Has anyone heard of a guy called Newman Woods from Accra Ghana?, he runs a travel agency by the name of Herwernvy travel and tours, he also has a girlfriend called Dinah Senanu /Lisa Marson, she is on match.com and other sites, she contacts men and then arranges travel through Woods. Usual arrest at airport with gold dust etc, watch for these 2 they are VERY CLEVER.
  • If you have anu onfo on the above Herwenvy travel etc, please mail me on robert010119@yahoo.co.uk thank you. denso
  • Dear All
    i get this ofeer letter from the Brass co oil and i think this scamer is it like that?

BRASS-CO OIL DRILLING COMPANY

179c Gloryland

Yenegoa Bayelsa State Nigeria

Fax/Tel: +234-803-756-8179

P.M.B 2048

To the recipient,

On behalf of the management of the company, i hereby inform you hat
    you have been selected to function for the advertised position which
    you applied for. Your qualification reached the peak of the job
    requirements and to this effect, two email attachment to confirm your
    employment are attached to this email. You would be required to download
    the email attachment to open the files. After studying the contract
    document and the employment letter, you would be required to sign on
    section 4 and section 13 of the contract document to indicate that you
    accept the approved salary and the contract. The signed contract should
    be sent back as an email attachment for verification.

Warm Regards

Engr Jerry Aliogo

Senior Project Manager

E-mail: sendresume@bcdrilling.com

Date: 08-05-2010
  • Hi! I was scammed to by a guy workin in Lagos, Nigeria..His name is supposedly Gary Oldman he has a 9 year old son and he stays with his mom in Orange Park, Florida..He needs money to get home and i sent him 700 dollars now i get an email from his so called surgeon statin he just woke up and asked him to email me about the accident he was in on his way to the airport thursday..i know that is a lie so ive been had for the money..Ladies beware of him hes on blackpeoplemeet and his email is goldman1121@hotmail.com..he is a scammer..how was he in a car accident and online on blackpeoplemeet today..yea right..
  • how do i check on lauren diaz
    12 unity cresent
    lekki
    zip code 23401
    to confirm shes who shes says she is
  • I was scammed from a guy called apparently Paul Jackson, or Paul Scott Jackson. Pauljacs@hotmail.com, Pauljacs@gmail.com
    I sent him a phone about 350dlls.
    Address in Nagod Nigeria:

28, Oke Street Pedro
    Somolu, Gbagada Phase 1
    Lagos State, Nigeria

Phone 234-813-8381234
  • Thank you all! I would have been scammed if I had not read your testimony! This guys attacks on various names, smart, he just promiss many things and than ask for money and that he will give me back when we meet... probably has a lot of people looking for him! I became this email:

Dear VISA APPLICANT,

We have attached your Visa Application Form for you. We will arrange to you a Nigeria Visa. Engineer Martins sent us your email that you will need a Nigeria Visa to Travel with him. We will like you to fill and return the form back to us within as soon as you can, Your visa will be ready within the 2-3Working days, Engineer Martins have also sent in your processing fees which have been paid to us via Western Union Money Transfer.. Also all receipts, Hotel Booking confirmations, Flight Tickets and schedules about the Trip and Visa will be picked up by you as soon as they are ready. We will notify you on what it will cost depending on the weight and size of your parcel. So we shall let you know when Visa is ready. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Palace Travels Agency.
    1 Palace Building
    Magodo Estate
    Lagos State
    Nigeria
    +2348033344606 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +2348033344606      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +2348033344606

And than after this...

Dear Mr,

We are glad to announce to you that your Visa Traveling
    Pass and other Documents which have been processed successfully is now
    available for postage , we have now make an Inquiry with FedEx which
    postage cost (200.00 EUROS) via FedEx(Express Delivery 24hrs) So you
    are require to arrange for this so that we can send out your Package
    as soon as possible, package is already lying at FedEx residence and
    will be posted out today as soon as postage fee comes in. Here is the
    information you will use in sending funds via Western Union Money
    Transfer.

Please we require you to send in the MTCN to us
    immediately funds is sent out. Please respond back to us as soon as
    possible so package will be sent out immediately without no delay, we
    will send in relevant documents about postage to you as well, such as
    Tracking Number for you to be able to Trace and Track Package to
    confirm that the package is coming to your home address.

Please send western union payment to :

Name: Salami Babatunde
    Address : N0 1 Palace Travel Agency Main Building
    Magodo Estate
    Lagos state.
    Nigeria

Test question
    When?
    Answer = Now
    Amount = 200.EUROS

Package contents.
    Suits And Shoes sealed.
    Visas, Tickets and Hotel Booking Confirmations
    Your schedule Memo Booklet
    Security Tags With Car Booking Details

PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR PREFER SHIPPING ADDRESS.
  • Is this a legitimate travel agent?
    Mr. Kenny David,
    20 Airport Road,
    Ikeja, Lagos state, Nigeria. 23401
    Can a travel agent help with "Visa" and transportation?
    Thank You
  • if you google 419 scams, you should be offered a site that has a huge list of fake companies, names, phone numbers to help you not get ripped off, good luck and check it out
  • Hi,
    Anyone can help me to find whether DIVINE hospital is exist in NIGERIA or not. Pls i need to clear my mind as i received an email from my fren that he got accident on the way to the airport n requested some money for me... pls help me NIGERIAN. He said he is from SPAIN
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged