overstay of my visa in egypt
  • Hi Guys....
    Can anyone help me. I have been living in Egypt for the last 9 months and am due to fly home in 2 days. My Egyptian friend has informed me that my tourist visa expired 4 months ago and that i will have to go and get a new one. This is difficult as today is Friday and all government offices are closed and tomorrow as well. Does any one have a clue what will happen when i get to passport control on my date of travel? Many thanks in advance
  • Well, what I can tell you is that my visa expired and after 5 days I went to the immigration office to renew it and they took me to JAIL. YES, JAIL!!! I was not told where they were taking me untill I saw the gates of the jail. I was lucky because I called my consulate and they came the following morning. They bought my ticket and I travelled 3 days after. The jail for foreigners is much better then the one for Egyptians. The gards are not so bad to us, but they are EXTREMELy hungry for money. They stole 5 dollars from me and they also stole my SIM card from my mobile.
  • Well, what I can tell you is that my visa expired and after 5 days I went to the immigration office to renew it and they took me to JAIL. YES, JAIL!!! I was not told where they were taking me untill I saw the gates of the jail. I was lucky because I called my consulate and they came the following morning. They bought my ticket and I travelled 3 days after. The jail for foreigners is much better then the one for Egyptians. The gards are not so bad to us, but they are EXTREMELy hungry for money. They stole 5 dollars from me and they also stole my SIM card from my mobile.
  • Visa Boy: What citizenship do you hold? Did they not require you to get a lawyer?
  • I wont to travel uropian city.and i wood like to travei Egept

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged