Visa help needed
  • Hi,
    I'm Canadian and may be going to england for a work exchange for 6 months. I will continue to be paid by my Canadian employer and receive no payment from my english exchange employer. Since I plan on working for 6 months I will be in the country for longer then 6 months since I would like to travel afterward. My questions are 1) Do I need some kind of working visa even though I won't be getting paid by my english employer 2) If I leave England for a long weekend (to go to say, France) does that reset my 6 month maximum stay or not (ie. I stay in Engand for 3 months, go to France for a long weekend, then return to England for 4 months...can I do this to avoid getting a 6months + visa)? Thanks for the info (if no one knows the answers to these you know where I can find them...i looked on the UK visa req. website but it didn't really help). Thanks again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!