Suggestions for Vietman - what should I see and do?
  • Hi everyone, I am planning a far east trip with my girlfriend, including about ten days in Vietnam, can you suggest the top 10 things to do and see there? What should not be missed? Happy to spend a few days on a beach but we would also like to see the country. thanks, M
  • ok, here's a suggestion:

- Fly to Hanoi and spend 1-2 days there - see the French quarter, the ancient citadel, the history museum, the hilton prison and the Ho Chi Minh President Mausoleum and Museum...
    - 2 days in Ha Long Bay, its a bit of a tourist trap, but spectacular scenery with thousands of small limestone islands.
    Overnight train Hanoi to Hue
    1 day in Hue, the former imperial capital and centre for Buddism and beautiful architecture.
    Bus Hue to Hoi An (4 hours)
    Hoi An 1-2 days, great beaches and restaurants
    Fly Da Nang - Sai Gon (evening flight)
    Cu Chi tunnels (1 day)
    Mekong Delta - the best way to experience the delta is by boat (1-2 day tour)
  • should spend 2-3 days for a visit to Sapa. Take a night train from Hanoi
  • If you are a beach-vacation lover, you should visit Mui Ne Beach, Nha Trang, or Phu Quoc. These beautiful, crystal-water beaches have been attracted a large number of tourists. Or, in case you would love to hike, you can come up to Sapa, or Da Lat. The weather there is cool (or even cold) and it is great for hiking trips in which you enjoy breathtaking sceneries of mountains and valleys. And, there are still more tourist-attraction destinations in Vietnam...wish you a happy trip!
  • HI! I would suggest the following:

Sail around Halong Bay on a junk
    Trip down the Mekong Delta
    Visit the eerie Cu Chi tunnels
    Hoi An - cookery course, beach, tailors
    Trekking in Sapa
    Relax on Phu Quoc Island
    Cruise down the Perfume river
    Visit historic Hue
    Watch water puppetry on Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi
    Shopping in HCMC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged