Planning a trek in Nepal
  • I am putting together a plan to hike in the mountains of Nepal. I want to a circular walk, for about 7 days, and have my luggage carried. If possible I want something off the beaten track even if it means not doing a classic trek. The fewer westerners the better! Can anyone recommend routes, and also suitable guides?
  • Hello David

I used Bal's service during my visit and trek to Nepal and we were really satisfied with his service. He is good in speaking English and have good knowledge about every needed information about Nepal.

we went to Everest base camp with him and his service was excellent. He also knows many off the beaten tracks which takes yo to real way of life of Nepalese people.

If you would do " Timal Tamang Trek " it is suitable to know of the popular ethnic group of Nepal " Tamang " which is really interesting...! we did with him after our trek to Everest Base Camp.

if you would like to contact him his address is balpub80@hotmail.com

Thanks

Todd
    USA
  • Hi David - the Helambu trek is a great 7 day trek from Kathmandu and you can avoid heading off to the more popular Annapurna region which tends to have more tourists, particularly in Oct/Nov. I have just recently got back from Nepal and my guide said that the Annapurna treks are for everyone of average fitness, but the Helambu is for the fitter bodies and more adventurous trekkers that like a challenge. As well as staying in mountain lodges you'll also stay in the homes of the local Tamang and Sherpa people.
  • Hey Adamou, thanks for the advice. I am realyl concerned about flying a long way for an adventure just to feel like a tourist when i get there. I consider myself to be very fit so this Helambu trek sounds good! Any other more testing walks in Nepal you can recommend?
  • Hi,

I have been to Nepal three times since 2004 seeking the home of a 16 year old Gurkha who died in Iraq in 1041. I get VERY little help from British authorities. I have traced the village of GARIGAON to the OKHALDUNGA disrict. Can anyone help me with details of both locations ?????

Bill Jenkins
    Liverpool UK

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged