Gibraltar restaurants and cuisine
  • I would like to go to Gibraltar for a holiday this year and was wondering about restaurants and cuisine there. What is the main type of food and which are the best restaurants to eat at? My friends have suggested Matumbas for Argentinian, Italian and Tapas meals, and they say Caf
  • Hi Symone

The variety of restaurants is quite amazing, quality is usually pretty good in both service and qulity of food and drinks, and you will find prices are pretty much the same throughout. Theres a few choices within the Casemates area of town and in Queensway, and several good choices in the recently opened Ocean Village area as well as in the "old" Marina. I've had ocassion to dine out more than once recently and as I say, quality was generally of a high standard and price was pretty much the same (depending on how much you want to spend on the good wine).

If you want to enjoy some nice fish you can also go down to the Caleta area of Gibraltar which is an old fishing village and have some nice fish there (I think I said fish once too many times in that sentence).

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion