Is cheap travel possible in the British Virgin Islands?
  • I want to travel cheaply around the Caribbean and particularly the British Virgin Islands. Is it possible to camp on Virgin Tortola and Jost van dyke? Can I get between the smaller islands by ferry service or even cargo vessels? And are there good quality, local places to eat that dont' cost a fortune. I realyl want to experience a different side to the islands than the luxurious tourist scene. Also, do I need on onward ticket for immigration purposes - I have read on another forum about someone who was thrown in jail for arriving on a one way ticket. Any advice on saving money and seeing the islands please!!
  • I am originaly from ukraine and i live in the usa and i have a green card, wat do i need if i wanted to come visit the british virgin islands?
  • You can camp on J.V.D at Ivan's stress free campground for around $25 a night if you have your own tent. they have a open kitchen for everyone to use so you would have to bring your food with you. Ferry's are not cheap,If I remember right when I was there it was $45 one way from St. Thomas to Tortola. You should look around online at different sites about the Islands for more info you can also find books all about the Islands and the sites and campgrounds, Like Frommer's Virgin Island book..... Oh yeah if you are looking really cheap i know Tortola has a hostile..... Well hope this all helps you out Simo21..

IslandGirl82

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion