Lagos scams: pta,bta,mias
  • Is such a thing as these pta's, bta's or mia's...believe these are scams.am i correct on this.. referring to Lagos airport (muhammed intl)
    any info on this subject would be nice
  • Any request for money for a Basic Travel Allowance is almost certainly a scam. In so far as I can tell, the BTA provision is not in effect in any country in the world.

Unlike the BTA, the PTA (Prepaid Ticket Advice) is a real travel term but has been manipulated into a scam directed at travel agencies and airlines. A PTA is a message that directs an agent or airline to issue a ticket in a certain location upon receipt of payment in their location. So, for example, Joe Soap would pay an agent in Texas through a fake credit card transaction while claiming to be stuck in Lagos, and so request that the ticket be printed in Nigeria. The scammer then claims the ticket and resells it or turns it in for a refund. Travel agents need to verify that money has been deposited before issuing a PTA.

I have not heard of an MIA scam related to Nigeria. In so far as I can tell this scam played off the sentiments of Americans who were tricked into giving money to an imagined organisation who claim to be working to bring prisoners of war, or soldiers who went MIA (missing in action) during the Vietnam War, home. Suffice it to say that, according to CIA intelligence, there are no prisoners of war left in Vietnam.
  • what can you do about a bta request when you are trying to leave and they won't let you, i need help please help, any one with info please reply soon
  • I have been asked to send 3600 dollars to a young lady in Nigeria to cover the Personal travel allowance(PTA) is their such a thing??? I would believe not because once the ticket is bought how can they stop you from leaving with the proper credintials!!!
  • June - this is a scam. Walk away, and keep on walking.
  • Will try too make a long story short. After about $4000, i was communicating with a 28 yr.old for the past several months who claim to be working with kids who has cancer. The young lady emailed pictures of her and the kids, even a picture of her given a lecture and with a pastor. Money was even given for an operation for one of the kids and at this time it was sent in the pastors name. In Dec. 08 it was time for her to leave and additional $1200 was sent because she lost her returned ticket and needed it for the (bta). While enroute to the airport in Lagos, she got into an accident and somehow lost the money. Now she needed an additional $2000, $800 for medical expenses and $1200 for the (bta). Money was sent and 3 days later I get an email from Nigeria Law agency stating that she had been arrested for drug trafficking.
  • N2Deep = Trust me my gullible friend, walk away from this.

It is a scam. You are being scammed. A scammer is scamming you. A scam is occurring and you are the scammee.

How many other ways can i say this?
  • I have a girl in Nigeria who says she is from Kansas. She is supposed to be coming back to USA and says she will pay for the ticket but I must pay for pta or bta. she has used both terms. Is this a scam?
  • Transcript of a Skype conversation with a scammer:

• I'm dealing the same girl now from Nigeria, need 500,- euro for the PTA, she's broken because she paid grandma's hispital bills. She's a scammer. 30 yrs, very nice looking and rich. I didn't pay her anything. because of this site!! (scammer msn-adress: jenny_maurice09@hotmail.com)

Thx all
  • Hi,

I am being asked to send the airfare to an American girl in Lagos. I originally purchased her ticket in the UK but she told me she was refused to leave Lagosl as she had to BTA. I've read the other comments on this site and I suspect this too is a scam. AM I right?
  • I have been talking to a man for months now and he wants to leave nigeria and come to uk to me (he says he is French) but he said he can not leave nigeria without BTA said he needs 1000 pounds.........is this a scam although he seems very convincing
  • IV'E BEEN TALKING TO A YOUNG MAN WHO SAID IS IS FROM USA VISITING HIS DAD AND SON AND IS TRYING TO GET OUT OF NIGERIA RIGHT NOW BUT AFTER SENDING ALMOST $1000 TO HIM HE IS SAYING HE NEEDS BTA TO LEAVE AND I HAVE BEEN DIGGING MY HEALS IN, SOMETHING JUST DOESN'T FEEL RIGHT. HE SAYS HE LOVES ME AND IS GOING TO COME TO ME AFTER HE HAS BEEN TO THE STATES AND SORTED THINGS OUT THERE BUT THERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF ME THAT DOESNT TRUST THIS STATEMENT. WISHING IT WAS TRUE BUT WELL IM OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. AND AFTER READING THIS WEB SIGHT THERE WONT BE ANY FUNDS HEADING IN HIS DIRECTION IN A HURRY. THANKS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND ANSWERS.
  • Wow, I pray to God that these people will be stopped. There's so many people that lost Trust, Believe & Respect in human kind, this doesn't help. Please be careful & avoid becoming a victim!
  • I FALL VISTIM OF THIS SCAMERS: Jenny_maurice09@hotmail.com - Jenifer Maurice, chnast@hotmail.com - Anasstasiya Chirkova, chavescindy@hotmail.com, chavescindy@yahoo.com - Cindy Garcia Chaves, mediansecurities@gmail.com - Daniel Phillips, TIMOTHY STANDISH, novdec10@yahoo.com - Rose Mary
  • There is someone in Nigeria trying to leave and airline is requesting the some of 560.00 for BTA ( Basic Travel Allowance)is this True or False
  • i HAVE BEEN SUCKERED FOR 4675 AND THE GUY LEEMEL lILBOURNE SAYS HE NEEDS 1600 FOR Bta to get out of the country. Anyone else heard of this guy??? or know the truth leaving from Lagos???????
  • Hi,
    I am involved with an American Citizen,female,36 yrs.of age,divorced,trying to get out of Nigeria.To Holland.
    Bought her ticket last year, she was scheduled to fly 8 th of June 2008 from Lagos Int.Airport, but was arrested there as her visa had expired.and had to pay € 1900.00 fine or else go to jail....!
    Her travelagent,Mr.Christopher Desmond Moore,took pity on her and paid the fine !!
    Two weeks ago she was going to fly, but was found to have a sunstroke and was treated in Lagos Hospital for € 365.00.,what she paid from the €600.00 I send her as BTA.
    Now she needs the balance, €365, to be allowed to fly !!!
    After reading your comments on BTA,PTA or whatever abbreviation is used,I get a very sunken feeling as to being scammed.

Andy van der Meulen.
  • I have been talking to someone that says he is from Italy. Well, he was working in Lagos, Nigeria. And he kept saying that he is going to move here and be with me and be my husband for life. I don't know what to believe. Then the other day he was about to come to the usa to meet me and his son past away in Italy and he had to leave Nigeria to go there. I don't know if that is true either. He is suppose to send me 4,850 dollars to my checking account. When i get the money I keep 1,300 dollars of it and send him the rest for a plane ticket to Texas where I live. I don't know if the money will get to me, but I am giving him a few days. And if it doesn't come to me, then its over between us. His pictures look like a mode. He said that he was a model. and he is an accountant manager. I don't know what to believe. Everyone tells me that it is a scam. Im scared to death.
  • THERE,S APERSON CALLING HER SELF KAREN BRIAN ASKING FOR $1000 FOR BTA OUT OF LAGOD NIGERIA, IS ANY BODY KNOW OF THIS OERSON
  • Guys grow a brain...!!! If you guys want to truelly assist people in need donate to renowned organisations and stop displaying your ignorance!
    It such an irony that you guys are been scammed by people that claim to be westerners!
  • All these scams going on in nigeria are exactly that. You dont need a bta or pta or anything to get out of the coumtry. Anyone contacting you, eve if they claim to be a westener is scamming you. Remember this when someone asks you to help fund them to get out..... For every £100 you send them, they can pay a months rent and buy a months food..... starting to make sense?
    Good luck to all those visiting, I'v been there and its an eye opener.... be carefull!
  • ALL OF YOU PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ANYONE ASKING A COMPLETE STRANGER FOR MONEY IS SCAMMING YOU. WHY WOULD YOU NEED TO TRAVEL IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT STAY AT HOME, SIMPLE!!!

ANYONE THAT HAS LOST MONEY.....I AM SORRY FOR YOU BUT REALLY...ASK YOURSELVES WHY YOU SENT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE???
    IF THE PASSPORT, VISA AND TICKET ARE GENUINE THERE IS NO REASON WHY ONE WOULD NOT FLY ( UNLESS THEY NEVER INTENDED TO).
    WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.......IF YOU HAVE MONEY TO BURN DONATE TO A CHARITY!!!!!
    I LIVE IN NIGERIA....PTA AND BTA'S ARE NOT REQUIRMENTS FOR TRAVELLING!!!!
  • The BTA ( basic travel allowance ) scam has a tricky variation on internet dating sites in the scenario where you want to bring the person to your country. You contest to the Nigerian scammer that your research indicates there is no such thing as BTA. They back off claiming they were misinformed by somebody so you agree to buy them a plane ticket. So you play it safe by not sending them the plane fare...you purchase it online and forward it to them. But then on the night of the flight they e-mail you in a panic saying there really is a BTA fee. You back off because you the know the BTA is a scam but it's too late you have lost the amount of the plane fare ...even with cancellation insurance its too late.

The premise of the BTA is that your own government is imposing this on the foreigner so that they don't arrive broke and that the airline verifies this on your government's behalf. But do you really think that airlines would do this for any government with all the time consuming security procedures they have to perform ??? The other thing is, an African cannot get a temporary visa for any developped country unless they prove they have a reason to go back to their country...as in lots of cash or a house...major assets. Sponsoring a foreigner takes about 3 years of paperwork and lots of fees. Even if you go to their country and marry them there first( spousal class ) it can still take about 18 months. Don't kid yourself, Africans cannot just hop skip to North America or Europe . My Advice is don't mess with any West Africans, they are almost all thieves. For god's sake they have music videos with lyrics celebrating successful rip off of whites. Why do you think Nigeria has the most Western Union outlets and internet cafes per capita in the world ? Because internet scamming is the major industry. So never never send money to Nigeria !
  • I was promised love and now being asked for money from zachary holmes. Im sure Im not the only one ! Beware -this must be a scam. His email address is: zacholmes@yahoo.com

Claims to be Dutch working on contract in Lagos. His son needs an operation.

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY - I DIDNT
  • has anyone had any experience with a woman "Kirstie Alley" in lagos originally
    from atlanta,georgia U.S.?

she has emailed a copy of her passport which seems to be legit plus
    pics that match the passport pic.
  • THE BTA FEE IS REAL I AM A NIGERIAN LIVING IN THE STATES AND ITS A SHAME THAT ALOT OF SCAMS HAVE BEEN PULLED FROM THE BTA THING ..BUT KNOW THIS THE BTA THING IS REAL AND ITS USEFULL FOR THOSE WHO ARE LIVING THE COUNTRY INCASE OF ANY EMERGENCIES AT ANY OF THE STOP OVERS THEY MIGHT HAVE IN OTHER COUNTRIES BEFORE THEY GET TO THE STATES .. I HAVE BEEN THROUGH IT BEFORE AND ITS REAL AND ALL NIGERIANS LIVING IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD ALL PAID THE BTA FEE BEFORE THEY COULD LEAVE BECAUSE ONE IF AND WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT AT THE AIRPORT WONDERING AROUND WITHOUT ANYWHERE TO GO YOU WOULD GET DEPORTED RIGHT THERE AND THERE AND IF AND WHEN AT ANY OF THE STOP OVERS SOMETHING WENT WRONG WITH THE FLIGHT ITS WOULD BE THAT BTA FEE THAT WOULD HELP YOU OUT BECAUSE IT IS CASH AT HAND ...
  • Alot has been said about BTA, PTA it scares almost everyone, Scammers impersonate Truth and try to rip people off, A very good example is the Benerd Madoff Case, there is legit businesses that truly brings in genuine profit and not just made up figures like in the Madoff case. BTA & PTA do exists, HOW Much, Varies, for instance take a look at this news print http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=131885 Pilgrims travelling from Nigeria to Israel needs a 1000$ PTA. also see http://www.firstbanknigeria.com/mc/pressrel/pr_29012007.asp and www.cenbank.org/intops do your research properly, before concluding everyone/thing you hear about Nigeria is Scam. of course 99% could be, but how do u figure whats true or not ?
  • well im too damn trusting. meet a woman on match.com she said she was in nigeria and was about to come back to the states. i sent her 1200 dollars to help pay for a ticket and medical expenses. well she was supose to leaave yesterday and call me when she landed in holland before she headed to atlanta. she didnt call she sent me a email and said she needed 3000 to 5000 for bta, i said to myself hell no, she said do you not trust me and now im waiting to hear back from her, yep i got screwed out of 1200, to hell with nigeria and my damn trusting self
  • Hello, I talked with a girl which i seen on Facebook, I am a widower & i just wanted to talk, after the second email, she said she wanted to come & live with me & get married, her father had left in his will, she needed a husband to control the money, very pretty blonde Dutch girl, said she was a nurse, no work available, next needed money for flight ticket, lived with grandma, who was waiting breast surgery, need money for nurse & nanny for when she left & $5000 for bta, did not like to be asked questions about personal life, refused to pay bta, had me for $7300, everything was ended, came back on about 3 weeks later, was so sorry for being so rude to me & again wanted to come to me, $8000 with the bta this time, involved in car crash on the way to the airport, 2 people killed, lost ticket & money, get urgent email from doctor asking for $3700 for emergency surgery, refused, ended again, came back about 3 weeks again, begged to be forgiveness & again wanted to come needed passport & visa renewed plus ticket & bta, also has a 9 year old son, she had kept a secret all this time, he was sick at the last flight, needed the money for his medication, also needs passport & visa, flight ticket, this time she swore they were coming, never happened, she broke my heart 3 times & came back on & said how sorry she was & now was going to come, had used up $3000 for rooms & meals in a week & half, ended again, all in all, took me for $27,000 & all i got for this was a lot of lies & 6 pictures & my heart broke each time, then i find out after, they are not hers, are of a younger sister, goes by Lizzy Susan Thomas, email mataegin@hotmail.com, to all men looking for a beautiful young wife, beware, she is very smooth & very persuasive, gets very angry when you ask personal questions or call her a liar, she swears that she doesn't lie, I found information after & there is nothing i can do, she did not force me to send her the money, oh ya, all sent through western union, no trace, but save all you transaction slips, to remind you how much you were shafted for so you don't do it again or never let it start for any reason.
  • I have been chatting, im, and talking with him on the phone. he tells me he loves me and wants me to be his wife. He is suppose to be living in texas but is working in nigeria and has a sick mother who was in the hospital there. he told me he ran out of money and needed $550.00 before the hospital would release her. I sent him $300.00 for the hospital bill and he was suppose to catch his flight the next day but now he tells me he needs $1,000.00 for BTA before he can catch his flight. Is this a scammer has any one heard of oldies.moranda@yahoo.com
  • Reading everyone comments on this BTA. I so glad that we can share information. I started talking with someone from a dating website iseecolor.com, he e-mail me told me he was from Brooklyn NY. He said he was in Nigerial because his mother was very sick and he had his son with him. We developed a relationship long distance telling each other what we wanted in a partner you know. then he tells me that his mom need more medication and could I send him 700.00 so she could get the medication. said no he was upset how could I do this and he wanted to come back and have me as his wife. So i did send $300.00 to him the next week he said his mom had opened her eyes and was awake and would be comming home soon and he would be out of Nigeria. He had the ticket for hisself and his son, then he tell me he lost some of his luggage on the trip. and it had documents that he need to get home. Now the only way he could get back to the states what to pay this BTA fee. So I did some research and found a site from the Nigerian goverment that said it was a scam and not to send any money. So I e-mail him the information of course, he insisted that the goverment ws worng and the airlines had nothing to do with the goverment. Just to let everyone know the scams are very real and they will still come after you by any means thay can. So be careful and lets keep sharing the information and by the way his name is Benjamin Johnson and says he lives in Brookly Ny so just be careful.
  • I have been scammed by someone as well. Just beware, Peter Jason Todd, supposed to be from England or Scotland, peter.todd27@yahoo.com. I too like everyone else was too trusting. This guy is good! He had a business in the states send me a check for $1500 for some "work" he had done for a website for them. I did put the check in my account and it did clear. Then sent him a total of $3500.00 which included the money sent to me. Well, of course on the way to the airport, there was an "accident" and he was "injured", then his passport and the balance of the leftover cash he had from me was stolen. So, since he doesn't have a passport, he asked me for $500 for BTA insurance. I almost sent it, something just told me not too, cause I have already been stupid enough in sending what I had already. He has you send this money through a "travel agent" in Georgia, her name is Denise Cook. So ladies, beware!! Don't be stupid like me, this was a very expensive lesson learned!
  • I am so glad to have checked on the BTA Fees, in just two weeks I sent $450 to Nigeria to a Daniel Johnson, found me on Match.com, says all of the good things a woman wants to hear. Says he is from Indiana, in Nigeria to do road construction, but the '' blacks don't want a white man to be their boss. He is waiting on $90,000 payment from the 'company', but the check won't be here until Saturday, then Friday, before Saturday, he texts me 14 times, begging for $150-i did sent $200-the bank asked questions, but ofcourse I knew what I was doing. The money was to pay for hotel and buy food, then he wanted more money to buy clothes, everything had been stolen. I did sent another $250, but felt so sick in my gut, and knew I had been scammed. The Tuesday, says he has the $90,000 check but cannot cash in Nigeria because they will think he is laundry money, and needs $1,000 for BTA. Well I am out of spendable cash, and am sick of men who want a woman to take care of them, my cat and I are enough for each other.
    Thanks to everyone for your comments. I believe in Karma and God will take care of the theives and liars.
  • I have been chatting with a gal who says her mother died at berth and she was adopted on the spot. She is 32 yrs old and is working for World Help Assn. Her foster parents wer both killed in a plane crash when she was 8 yrs old. They left her an inheritance of $189,000. Make a long story short, a "lawyer" contacted me and said with the proper papers I could be her guardian and the money would be intrusted to me. So far I have spend over $4000 and she was also stuck in Abuja. She needs money toget to London where her "funds" are waiting for her Her handle is zaxzac. Anyone reconize the name?
  • Justme48840 - you've spent $4000?? Say good bye to that money. You've been scammed. There is no World Help Association. There is no lawyer. And now there is no longer any $4000.
  • Hello everybody, I'm French and I want to leave you my testimony: I chat on msn for 6 weeks with an english man met on the site Meetic. We often call too. He said i was an engineer in water treatment and construction of a sewage plant in Lagos Nigeria. After a very strong attraction he says I am the only one that counts for him, I am his everything. We decide to live together at home in France. Because he can not cash his check in nigeria he asked me to send him his plane ticket and the famous BTA 3200euros all for that naively I sent in cash by Western Union. I hope that my sad experience to serve someone by preventing him from losing his money and his own love. Man called JOHN NICHOLAS KEMP nicholasj96@yahoo.com
  • I HAVE ALSO BEEN CHATTING WITH SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE FROM PANTHER,WEST VIRGINIA. SAYS HE IS WAS IN IBADAN,NIGERIA. SAYS HE WAS WORKING OVER THERE AS NETWORK ENGINEER FOR A YEAR ,WORK IS DONE BE COMING BACK TO THE STATES, AND THEY COULDN'T CASH HIS CHECK BECAUSE IT WAS FOR TO MUCH MONEY, NOW HE SAY''S HE'S IN AMSTERDAM STUCK THERE WITH HIS SON MIKE, AND NEEDS A BTA TO GET OUT AND ON THE PLANE TO JACKSONVILLE,FLORIDA? CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT IF THIS BTA IS TRUE? HE ALSO SAID THE GUY FROM THE HOTEL IN NIGERIA HELPED HIM PAY FOR PLANE TICKET, I RECIEVED A CALL FROM HOTEL MANAGER NAME ADELEKE OPEYEMI, SAYS HE HASN'T HEARD BACK FROM HIM EITHER, BUT WILL HELP PAY THE BASIC TRAVEL ALLOWANCE IF I SEND HIM SOME MONEY WITH HIS? I'VE BEEN DOING SOME INVESTIGATION ON THIS BTA AND SOME SAY IT IS TRUE, BUT MOST SAY IT IS SCAM? WHO AM I TO BELIEVE?
  • beware of a man named charles slay . He claimed to live in Louisanna,he says he s an architect. hethen leaves on a jobin Nigeria to wrk but needs BTA money to get back to Westlake, La. he took mefor almost 5000 dollars. has any one else heard of him? a man named Steven Uzor could pick up the money because he had no Nigerian ID. He also claims to have a son name Josh.to add to my sympathy for him.
  • HELLO LADIES, noone want go to police? I know one of the, so I think is always the same person, but with another name. I'm thinking in interpol o Nigeria Police.
    Are someone interesting? I think woman would help us agaist men like that.
  • hi im an american woman been chatting with a supposed american man for bout a month. so he had to go to nigeria on a job. he sent me a copy of a check that he was supposely paid then on the day he was suppose to come home him and his daughter was kidnapped and he needed 2500.00 dollars to get her back i refused to send it. So then i hear from him again and he needs money 500.00 for Medicine because she is in the hospital and they wont treat her so yet again i dont send no money. So now he ims me with this BTA money that he needs 1000.00 dollars or they wont let him leave the country but he lives in Illinois and has all his papers and a paid for plane ticket so now he is mad because i refuse to send money. it is sad that they prey on people just glad that i checked into that BTA crap
  • Hey there jojo....what is the name of your gentleman that you have been chatting with? I have a story similiar to yours and was just wondering if he might be the same person.
  • I have talked to a man calling himself wale johnson, he is there selling cars. He is from romainia and lives in newyork he buys cars in romainia and sells them in nigeria. he said the hotel was robbed and they took all his money now he need money to buy the permit and move the cars to the dealer to sell them so I send 100.00 then he said they want 150. to move the cars then he get paid and be on his way home. well got the cars moved and then he said the dealer paid him in cash and gave him 1000. but refused to give him anymore money so he could buy his ticket that cost 1300. well I told him that I have no more money to spare and could not help and he still talks to me all the time. I will not send him anymore money I also had a guy tell me his mom was sick that was when I decided to look into nigeria and found out what they were doing. the guy with a sick mom said he neded money to pay hospital then they were home and he would be leaveing but got a check from the states for a job but could not cash it. to make a long story short he sent me a check because I told him my address before i looked it up but I wont cash it does anyone know what i should do with the check?
  • I forgot to mention the other guys name is kelvin Vodge
  • i would suggest calling the embassy of the country that the person is in. For example, I called the Nigerian Embassy in the US and asked about the PTA/BTA. THERE IS SUCH A THING. I believe that she mentioned it was at least $1500. but, please dont take my word for it. Try to verify as much info as possible b4sending $$. Be as stingy with your $$ as they are with info. It sucks that these scammers prey on those that are just trying to find someone to love.
  • I am a Nigerian female living in the States, and I am quite astonished with the amount of innocent or otherwise gullible people that live abroad.. Why would you sent anybody you don't know money, even if it is from the goodness of your heart? It baffles and upsets me that there are still people out there who are falling for these scams, and in the same breath these scammers giving my country a bad name, like it is not tarnished enough...so I am going to do a public service announcement.....
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ALMIGHTY, STOP SENDING PEOPLE MONEY ANYWHERE PERIOD!!! IT IS A SCAM, SCAM!!! PICTURES DON'T MEAN ANYTHING,IT IS USUALLY FAKE... ONCE ANYONE, MAN OR WOMAN ASK YOU FOR MONEY, PULL THE PLUG ON THE CONVERSATION!!! IT IS A SCAM!!
    Contrary to popular beliefs that Africa is the "Dark Continent", Africans, especially Dodgey Nigerians in particular are very smart and they will get your money!!! BE WARNED!!
  • Desilove have you seen pics of Wale? I have the same situation...i too met a guy by the name of Wale Johnson. He promised me the world.....did he do that to you to?
  • WOW has anyone met Tom Ayars yet, suppose to be from NC but originally from brazil or germany. And lived in cali too. He said he is 42, birthday nov. 12th, but I find 44 on other sites. He is an architect that travels overseas for work, in nigeria now building gas stations. Has a 14 yr old daughter named emily or mary? He is a widower, parents both died years ago,then moved to live with aunt and she raised him. Emails are coachtt@yahoo.com, ayars.tom@gmail.com and when he deleted me, BECAUSE WERE IN LOVE off of mate1.com where he found me, a site I never used, he sent me IM on yahoo one day, mustve figured out my name on site was same as yahoo. When he deleted my account and I went to see if he did, my user login email was bbzsm1@yahoo.com and funny when I run a check on the name, from emailfinder.com it comes up as a male- 25 yrs old, named ebunoluwa adeyemi allen, from lagos, nigeria oh and ironically his birthday is nov. 12th. I met TOM if thats his name, on dec 2nd and after a day he was saying he loved me, within a few days, he had left NC to go work in africa to build gas stations. And his dog BRAVO a big saint bernard, who he sent me a pic of him with. Had become ill and his dog nanny needed $300 to help save his life, he said the dog was his daughters and how sad she would be to lose her dog, and being a mom, I fell for it. I western unioned it to NC to an emily gibbs. SO maybe thats his woman? I do a search on her and only one comes up and age is 39, he said she was 59. I would swear when I talk to him on phone, that he sounds black, not to sound racist, just how he sounds to me. Anyway after I sent that, then his hotel got robbed, and they took the $750,000 in cash that he had on him, can u take that much money into nigeria? Anyone know? Says he hates banks because someone tried to identity theft him. Anyway, he got robbed, and he has his daughter with him and robbers hit her over the head with there gun and she was in hospital and very ill, he then needed money to pay doctor, as they wouldnt release her until doctor was paid, He SUPPOSEDLY had bought a plane ticket already to come to me for xmas, but he cashed it to pay part of her bill, but still needed $300, i said no. And I constantly doubted him and we fought how he was scamming me, broke up many times over it, I even went on scamming sites and reported him and I stopped talking to him for a week. But I am a HUGE fool and he talked me into being his again. He got her out of hospital, but now he was short money to return to me, he couldnt pay his wrker that are uilding the 30 gas stations, and he needed to get back to US to cash his paychecks, even sent me copys of the checks, thru email of course. Well supposedly he is do to inherit his parents 60 million dollars and sent me a video of a guy counting it. I wasnt falling for this, he couldve gotten that anywhere. I never cared if he had money, work at mcdonalds for all I care, just be good to me. I always thought it was fishy how he makes so many errors on IM and in emails, his sweet words and poems have no accent in them. Last two I got I was sure, he didnt write them, or they werent meant for me. But these guys are good, they must take classes on what to say and do, he would get mad if I ask too many questions and yet he knew everything about me, and has my personal information. At one time he wanted me to open some online accounts for him tohave friend wire money into it, so I could send to him, it seemed okay. But that didnt work out, i deposited a $1 and for some reason, account had to be empty. I dont know, that one always puzzled me, he does have my bank routing numbers, drivers license number, ss # etc and my home address. I dont know what to do about all of that? I know your suppose to report to FBI they have a special fraud/scam team.
    lets see I seen another girl on here that it seemed we have same guy. SHe didnt put his name. I have pics of his white lamborgini, parked in front of brick home, that is his germany home, he inherited from parents. Then I have 2 of his teenage daughter, long blonde hair, and extremely skinny girl. Then him in blue shirt with a tie, lookes like he had arm around someone but he cut them out of pic. Then him and his buddy mike, that just died too. And one of him in a brown jumpsuit and he is kneeling and has arm around his saint bernard dog. I have searched around and tryed to figure him out, he had facebook, but wouldnt add me, said he didnt need to, we have IM and he dont have time for that stuff. But I could contact the ONE and only person on his contact list, and she told me he had told her everything that he told me, she told me things before i said them, I knew it was true, YET like a fool i believed him and kept the online romance going. Now he is suppose to contact me in a few hours, as he needs BTA money to get home to start a life with me. He is only asking for $200, not like others mentioned, says job is done and he has airline tickets still, he just needs $200 from me, then he goes on to change it to $250, but really he needs $400 for him and daughter, but think he can sell his $1800 watch for $100 to help come up with some of it. IRONICALLY he wwas first person to warn me against scams in nigeria, I was selling a ring I know longer need on craigslist and he got mad because I didnt listen to him, when he kept telling me not to sell to someone, he suspected was a scammer. Ugh I wanted so badly to believe this goodlooking man was for real, but I am attractive and thin, and one he was talking to on facebook and so in love with, was scary looking girl and very heavy. SO I know go ahead, tell me I am an idiot, I am still debating on if I am sending him money today or not. He did tell me to wait and see if he could come up with it today or not, that someone had promised to borrow it to him, that his workers are helping him, so he can get back to states to cash his checks to send them there pay. Man am I gullable or what? Okay his name or any of this sound familiar to you ladys? I know I have enough details to never talk to him again, but its hard. Its seems dumb that you could fall in love online, for someone u never met, but it happens ALOT, right ladys? I need something good to say to him today? Curious side wants to send it and see if he comes this week, but I am afraid to too. I try to think okay by now if I was dating someone, I wouldve spent this much if not more, and I wouldve been out it anyways, do I take the gamble? Okay now dont yell at me....I am just a poor girl, head over heals in love with a sweet talking brazilian NC man...
  • I have come to the conclusion that if anyone you are chatting with makes any attempt to solicit funds from you they are scammers. If it is from a dating add half the time their profile will say scammers stay away. Sometimes they draw out asking you for money. They are looking for the bigger fish. If they do it in the first couple days they are the small fries. ONLINE DATERS BEWARE. WEB CAM Confirmation does not make their story real only their existence. That simply means your not being scammed by a computer. People lie and tell you what you want to hear. This is why u should never put your income in your dating ads. Im not saying dating sites are shams. Every batch of apples has a couple bad ones. JUST BE WARY FOLKS MONEY DOES NOT EQUAL LOVE!!!
  • I have read all the above comments and some sound familiar.
    I met some "gentlemen" on a friendship site. Some were just
    wanting to talk, some were looking for a sex partner and others help with family members. I was warned soon enough
    that I didn't carry out any contact with the newly widowed dad
    that wanted help for his daughter. One from Norway got cut
    off at the knees so to speak very soon. I call myself smart
    and aware of such things, but I got hooked too. The one that
    keeps contacting me had an accident on the way to the airport. He smashed his knee and shoulder. I was horrified and even got an email from the attending physician,(most unusual I say). He told me what it would cost to keep him alive until the surgery. They took him off oxygen and he finally got the surgery without my help. The bills have been piling up, but I have not been asked to pay, yet. I am waiting for the bomb to drop. So many ways to get someones money is out there if you are gullible enough. Beware!!!!
  • BTA is real, just that many use it to scam.. BTA is used in most african countries, you woun't be allowed to travel unless you have it.. just be honest and dont get scammed

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged