Ireland: Dingle Penninsula visit
  • Anyone know about the Dingle Penninsula? I want to explore the area as I've heard some rave reviews from travellers. How much time will i need there and where should i be based? I am thinking if the weather is kind to me it would be nice to cycle around there. Is this a good plan - are their cycle paths or decent roads? I have also seen pics of the Blasket islands and they also appeal to me. Are they worth visiting? Thanks, Brian
  • There is no accommodation on the island, but you can visit via the daily ferry and walk around a bit. The island was recently bought by the Irish government as a national park, but as yet there is no real visitor infrastructure in place. The island is of great interest to fans of Irish literature as 3 of the greatest Irish langauge writers lived there. Their cottages are now in ruins though.
  • Mary from Dingle Marine - the ferry operator - tells me:
    "The hostel is closed indefinitely the ferry's do not operate to the Island on October"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged