Trip to Mexico City
  • Hi there, i am going to Mexico City for a business trip end of September, can anyone tell me about the weather? How's swine flu situation right now, it is safe to go there? I am Chinese girl visiting the city alone, is it safe
  • Hi,

Mexico City is at 2,000m altitude, so it will be warm during the day and chilly at night. You might get some rain as well.

The swine flu situtation is no longer as bad as it was when the outbreak in Mexico first began.

The historic centre of Mexico City is one the safest areas of the city, so I would advise you to book your hotel in this area.

Lee
  • Thanks for the reply.

I have booked the hotel in San Marino Suites located at Rio Tiber 107, Mexico City, it should be conveniently located and safe right?

I will land at mid-night, is it safe to catch a cab to go to the hotel? If not, any other alternative transport mode?
  • Hi,

That hotel is not in the Historic Centre. It is located in the business disctrict. Of course, I cannot guarantee your safety, but it is normally a nice area.

The taxis operate a good service from the airport. Once in the arrival area, look for the "Taxis Autorizados" kiosk where you buy your ticket for 127 pesos to take you to the city centre by taxi.

Lee
  • Thank you for the information, it is useful.

Since i will stay behind for 2 days for leisure, any local tours recommended for me?
  • Hi,

You can probably book a local tour at your hotel reception. You should try to see the Zocalo, Cathedral, Palacio, Anthropology Museum, Templo Mayor, and the Teotihuacan Pyramids.

Lee
  • Hi, how far does it take from the airport to San Marino Suites by taxi? And also from San Marino Suites to Centro Banamex?
  • Hi,

It's 8km from the airport to the hotel.

Centro Banamex has many branches scattered around the city. You can find all this information on Google Maps. Simply go to this link http://maps.google.com/ and type in "Mexico City".Then search for your hotel and then search for Banamex.

Lee
  • i lived in chiapas and i dont reccomend you go there to vist or you might find yourself finding a job as a teacher and selling all your belongings to get some cash so you can move ther forever its that nice and definitly eat som elotes or esquites en el centro and vist a mercado to get fresh juice in the morning try the jugo de alfala con pi
  • I TYPE TO FAST SO LET ME MAKE SOME CORRECTIONS (MOVE THERE FOREVER) AND JUGO DE ALFALFA,AND OHH YEAH YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY FRESH TORTIAS ,AND CREMA FRESCA NOT NECESSARILY TOGETHER
  • Hi , we just got back from Mexico, all inclusive and we had a greattime. Around the Maya Riviara. I went with my daughter and 2 friends. Too boot it was a clothing optional ... so let's just say all our parts got tanned. We felt very safe, well staffed. Try it. I'd go back tomorrow if we have the money.
    Felicity-
  • Mexico is not safe in this moments for anybody everything is very expensive and there are many people without job can you imagine the situation? If you dont need to come really choose another place for vacations

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged