Visa overstay info needed urgently
  • I am wondering if anyone has any experience with overstaying thier 90 day tourist visa in croatia as a canadian...I have messed up my dates, and i will be over my time by about 12 days...do you recommend me going to bosnia for a stamp? do they fine? I am totally worried that i have screwed up my plans to return here next year. thanks to all who reply
  • Hi Busybee,

Funny enough, Im a Canadian living in Croatia for business, so know quite a bit about this. The rules are that you can stay for a maximum of 90 days (3 months) within a 180 day (6 months) period. So even if you go to Bosnia for a stamp and come back in, it wouldn't help. You will have to apply for an extension of stay, however this can be a lot of work and require many documents ! Since its only a 12 day difference, I suggest going into the local police, explaining the situation and see what they recommend. Either way, your fine for next year as long as you're gone for 3 months before you come back.

Hope this helps and makes sense, let me know otherwise!
    Kind regards,
    ryan.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged